TD30 module settings for Alesis Strike Pro Cymbals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD30 module settings for Alesis Strike Pro Cymbals

Hi guys. Ive been trying to search for this combination on here but no luck so far. I have acquired 3 Alesis Strike Pro 16" cymbals to pair up with my TD30 module and would greatly appreciate if someone knows the best module settings for this combination. Having read up, they are compatible (unless Im advised otherwise on here in which case Ill return) but In not a gear nerd having invested heavily in children and the lack of time that goes with it. Look forward to your insight...

The 16" are 3 zone Ride type cymbals with 2 jacks as the Crash cymbals on the Strike are 14". You will be able to use them as 3 zone or 2 zone cymbal, with choke. Set one as a CY-15R and use it as a Ride cymbal with the TD-30. Or, any/all could be used as a Crash, pick CY-14C as pad type in the TD-30 and just use the Ride Bow/Edge jack, not the Bell jack. You may have to tweak the settings a little, but they should be compatible.
    Last edited by JmanWord; 11-20-17, 10:45 AM.
    I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
    Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I was hoping that it would be something that simple, but it would seem not. Ive done a factory reset and checked leads on other pads etc, but Im only getting a signal if the lead is part in. Not sure if there is a setting somewhere or whether I shouldnt be using stereo leads on them. Was looking for a plug and play, but Im pluggin' and not playin"... I was under the impression that these were Roland compatible?

Comment

Ive worked it out... I found out that if you take the Strikes back to the shop and change them over for an ATV 18" ride and a CY15, everything is just great!

Comment

So unless something changes the verdict is the Strike 3 zone cymbals are not Roland compatible, right?
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

Well, this is where the confusion is. They are advertised as Roland compatible (Drum-tec website) and there is a post on here where someone has bought one and plugged it into his TD-25 with immediate results. I can only say, I tried 3 units with multiple leads, settings and ran factory reset etc on my TD-30 and had nothing. Tried the same leads on CYs to see if it was them and they triggered perfectly. I find it hard to believe I managed to acquire 3 faulty units all at once. I did manage a signal with a lead plugged halfway(ish) in, but discussing it with Allan, this could just be a tip signal from a vibration or something as opposed to a true trigger signal. I can only speak on my experience, and over the years have learned that 90-95% plug and play is generally ok with some tweaking. Any less than that is going to be an issue and best steer clear. Its a shame because I liked the size and feel of them. If someone works out how to pair them up, they would be a great option...

Comment

For the sake of the record, since I was searching on this topic, my experience with a TD-30 and the Strike ride is odd. I would say it confirms the "probably not really compatible and you shouldn't buy one expecting it be" judgement, but that said, it is working okay for me now. When I first plugged it in (factory reset, ride set to CY-15R), it would work okay for a bit and then for no particular reason cut out entirely for a while and only register the occasional hit. I discovered I could make it work again for a few hours by giving it a solid whack across the bell with the shaft of my stick. This obviously isn't acceptable performance, so I was planning on replacing it, but then for no obvious reason it just started working consistently all the time--across power cycles, being disconnected and reconnected, resets, everything I can try to deliberately screw it up again. It just works now like magic. It has been working consistently for a few weeks of playing every day without a hiccup. That said, positional sensing doesn't work. I can make PS work by spinning it around and playing on the opposite (logo) side, but then the hit sensitivity is too random. I assume the Alesis piezos are mounted in different locations and muck up the algorithm.

Anyways, that's my story. I figure if a Strike ride is all you have or if you find one cheap enough you don't mind taking a risk (and don't need positional sensing), maybe it's worth a shot. It is actually a fairly nice electronic ride all things considered. All the same, picking up an ATV 18" ride is in my medium-long term plans, but unless it randomly goes wonky again, I'm going to hold on to it.
              Roland TD-30+Alesis Strike Modules, Alesis Strike Pads + VH-11, PD-125, aD-C18 Ride. Steinberg UR22Mk2, EZDrummer2, Superior Drummer 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Piwas View Post
                Well, this is where the confusion is. They are advertised as Roland compatible (Drum-tec website) and there is a post on here where someone has bought one and plugged it into his TD-25 with immediate results. I can only say, I tried 3 units with multiple leads, settings and ran factory reset etc on my TD-30 and had nothing. Tried the same leads on CYs to see if it was them and they triggered perfectly. I find it hard to believe I managed to acquire 3 faulty units all at once. I did manage a signal with a lead plugged halfway(ish) in, but discussing it with Allan, this could just be a tip signal from a vibration or something as opposed to a true trigger signal. I can only speak on my experience, and over the years have learned that 90-95% plug and play is generally ok with some tweaking. Any less than that is going to be an issue and best steer clear. Its a shame because I liked the size and feel of them. If someone works out how to pair them up, they would be a great option...
                where both the trigger inputs populated? when i moved my 16" from the ride spot to a large crash pad i couldn't get the 16" to trigger at all with only a single 1/4" plugged into the pad. plugging in both gets triggering to work. i'm currently using just a dangling (wrapped round the pole) 1/4" TR cable out of the bell/edge trigger and a 1/4" TRS from bow/edge to my td-6v and it works great as a crash.
                TD-25 + TD-6v running - 2 x PD-100s updated with dual Piezo, 3 x PD-120, VH-11, Alesis 16" 3 zone Strike Ride, Alesis 14" Strike crash, 1 x CY-15r, 2 x CY-13r as crash, 1 x Cy-12. iconnectmidi2+ and 2 x iconnect mio for midi triggering.

Comment

Working...
                X