Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recording midi vdrums - one mixer channel or two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRulz
    replied
    Y0h dude! Thanks for the reply.

I found the answer to my question.. I need a stereo Y cable so we can monitor in stereo... :P

What you described for the midi recording is exactly what I want to do, with separate channels (in Logic) for each drum/cymbal/percussion instrument. I hope to do this within the next month or so

Jason

Leave a comment:

• BINARY
    replied
    Hey, Man

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think that recording MIDI will record the performance and then, should you eventually record to wave (through the TD-x), the settings there will detirmine how each individual drum is panned.

So for midi, you record each drum to a separate channel (I'm not sure how this works in Logic, I don't use it)and when you move to wave, you can either do the same thing (record each drum to a seprate channel), which would be harder, but give you greater mixing capabilities.
    Or, you could mix all the drums down to one stereo channel.

Did I answer your question?

BINARY

Leave a comment:

• DRulz
    started a topic Recording midi vdrums - one mixer channel or two?

Recording midi vdrums - one mixer channel or two?

I would assume two will give me the stereo effect, but can't I also just use one channel and pan it right in the middle? This way however I have each individual midi note #'s panned in Logic (soft sequerencer), panning it right in the middle will preserve these settings... am I right with my assumption?

BTW, my setup is as follows:

1 - SPD20 out AMT8 in
    2 - AMT8 out to TD10 in
    3 - AMT8 serial to Computer
    4 - SBlive out to (either one channel or two on tascam tm-d1000 digital mixer - also used for monitoring click and/or prerecorded tracks while recording)

Thanks.

Jason

[This message has been edited by DRulz (edited February 16, 2001).]
Working...
X