Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recording midi vdrums - one mixer channel or two?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording midi vdrums - one mixer channel or two?

I would assume two will give me the stereo effect, but can't I also just use one channel and pan it right in the middle? This way however I have each individual midi note #'s panned in Logic (soft sequerencer), panning it right in the middle will preserve these settings... am I right with my assumption?

BTW, my setup is as follows:

1 - SPD20 out AMT8 in
    2 - AMT8 out to TD10 in
    3 - AMT8 serial to Computer
    4 - SBlive out to (either one channel or two on tascam tm-d1000 digital mixer - also used for monitoring click and/or prerecorded tracks while recording)

Thanks.

Jason

[This message has been edited by DRulz (edited February 16, 2001).]

Hey, Man

I'm not sure what you mean, but I think that recording MIDI will record the performance and then, should you eventually record to wave (through the TD-x), the settings there will detirmine how each individual drum is panned.

So for midi, you record each drum to a separate channel (I'm not sure how this works in Logic, I don't use it)and when you move to wave, you can either do the same thing (record each drum to a seprate channel), which would be harder, but give you greater mixing capabilities.
    Or, you could mix all the drums down to one stereo channel.

Did I answer your question?

BINARY

Comment

Y0h dude! Thanks for the reply.

I found the answer to my question.. I need a stereo Y cable so we can monitor in stereo... :P

What you described for the midi recording is exactly what I want to do, with separate channels (in Logic) for each drum/cymbal/percussion instrument. I hope to do this within the next month or so

Jason

Comment

Working...
      X