Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with TD-10 w/ exp. card using a VH-11 hi-hat

Hi all,
    I am a long time drummer. Presently I have acoustic/electronic conversion kit using a TD-10 module with expansion card. I was using a Yamaha Dtextreme module and when I switched over everything worked great except the hi-hat (not compatable). So I kept my Yamaha module plugged into the TD-10 just keep the old hi hat working. It sounded good but got sick of having 2 different modules so I got the VH-11 which is compatible with my TD-10. It seems to work but only has an open and closed sound, nothing in between. Just wondering if this is normal and what I can do to get the full hi hat effect. I checked all the setting and everything else is fine just can't get any variation of slightly open sounds.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roland_V-Drums The indication is the VH-11 is not fully supported. The Basic Support would likely be just open/closed.
    TD-20X & TMC-6
    Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
    DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Looks like I'll have to make due until I can gather up some cash for a TD-20

Comment

The TD-8 only supports basic control. I had a TD-8 with a variable pedal and that got me the in-between sounds, but that wasn't as good by a large margin as my TD-20 with VH-12's. (Your TD-10 w/card might support a variable pedal.)

TD-20 and 30 prices are pretty good, but take a look at some of the other offerings from other companies (lots of discussion on the sticky postings, just for starters).
        Last edited by hank; 06-17-17, 09:22 PM.
        TD-20X & TMC-6
        Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
        DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

The reason I am using an acoustic conversion kit was more about keeping it feeling like a drum set, i.e.: drum sizes, positioning. I did not want to get spoiled by fitting all of these 10 inch tom pads on a rack. I am no drum snob I just don't have the luxury of having both an electronic kit and an acoustic one. For that reason the variable hi-hat was not appealing to me. I actually found a good deal on a TD-20 and might be getting it next week. I like the fact that it has 4 AUX ports for expansion if needed. I don't know if this site has an Acoustic/ Electronic conversion forum but I have spent a lot of time in research and development of my kit and have a ton of useful info if anybody is interested. Thanks for all the replies....

Comment

Working...
          X