Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom patches/samples in the TD-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom patches/samples in the TD-10?

Hello out there,

I am in need of expanding the sound palette of my td-10 to include custom patches or samples if possible. Can this be done, and if so, how? I know there is that new expansion board, but I mean besides that. Can I import samples via midi into my td-10 and play them?

I also see that custom patches are available to download from this site, but how did those people develop their patches themselves?...I'm a bit confused here...Please help!

-doug

Hey dug

You cannot import sounds into the TD-10 in any way.

The patches that are available here are the sounds in the TD-10 that have been modified within the TD-10s parameters to a sound that people like. They then use Lee's VKitTrans program to save the parameters to disk and upload them.
    In other words, you make a kit with the existing sounds and tweak them so they sound pisser, and upload them so I can use your settings.

One problem I've found with the patches on this site is that depending on what I'm using for a sound source, the kits all sound different. Some sound great, some don't.
    I think that the results you get from the patches will depend on how close your sound setup is to the creator's.

I have varying sounds even when I switch from my 2 EONs to my headphones - both are quality, but both make my kits sound different.

If you want more/better sounds, your best bet is to get a sampler and connect it to your drumkit via MIDI, and use drumsounds through that.

BINARY

Comment

Working...
    X