Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Custom patches/samples in the TD-10?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom patches/samples in the TD-10?

Hello out there,

I am in need of expanding the sound palette of my td-10 to include custom patches or samples if possible. Can this be done, and if so, how? I know there is that new expansion board, but I mean besides that. Can I import samples via midi into my td-10 and play them?

I also see that custom patches are available to download from this site, but how did those people develop their patches themselves?...I'm a bit confused here...Please help!

-doug

Hey dug

You cannot import sounds into the TD-10 in any way.

The patches that are available here are the sounds in the TD-10 that have been modified within the TD-10s parameters to a sound that people like. They then use Lee's VKitTrans program to save the parameters to disk and upload them.
    In other words, you make a kit with the existing sounds and tweak them so they sound pisser, and upload them so I can use your settings.

One problem I've found with the patches on this site is that depending on what I'm using for a sound source, the kits all sound different. Some sound great, some don't.
    I think that the results you get from the patches will depend on how close your sound setup is to the creator's.

I have varying sounds even when I switch from my 2 EONs to my headphones - both are quality, but both make my kits sound different.

If you want more/better sounds, your best bet is to get a sampler and connect it to your drumkit via MIDI, and use drumsounds through that.

BINARY

Comment

Working...
    X