Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD8 + Dual-zone snare pad. Missed hits when struck together with other pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLACKFLY
    replied
    yes yes It was the Crosstalk being set to high.

Thank you guys for you responses.

------------------
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy

Leave a comment:

• Marc.
    replied
    Originally posted by BINARY:
    You never in a million years thought that would happen, huh?

BINARY
    WHAT?! Mark, are you telling us that you have tied the knot? Don't yank me now.

~~~~~
    - -

Leave a comment:

• Highmtn
    replied
    Btnk is most likely right about the crosstalk being the culprit, however, the offending crosstalk parameter could possibly be on one of the other drum/cymbals being simultaneously hit. Your controller may be misinterpreting one or more of the simultaneous hits as "crosstalk" and cancelling out one or more of your drums. Had a similar problem on a DM-Pro, called the manufacturer, and they had me remove ALL crosstalk. Haven't missed a hit since. Yeah, I know, who cares about your lousy DM anyway, this is the Vdrum forum!

Leave a comment:

• BINARY
    replied
    You never in a million years thought that would happen, huh?

BINARY

Leave a comment:

• BINARY
    replied

Originally posted by BLACKFLY:
    "Wouldn't take my wife to a dog fight, even if I thought she could win....."

BINARY

Leave a comment:

• BtnkBndt
    replied
    Its for sure a parameter setting, not a hardware problem. Start out by lowering the crosstalk on the snare pad. Snare crostalk should actually be off if its in a seperate stand.

Next, stop listening to so much *****cat

Leave a comment:

• TD8 + Dual-zone snare pad. Missed hits when struck together with other pads

I've run into a tech. problem with my new TD8 combined with Pintechs. More specifically the 10" dual-zone snare.

Everything is fine until I hit the snare together with another pad. At this point I lose 10% of all snare hits. the percentage of misses increases if I hit two other pads along with the snare. (i.e. snare, BD and a tom simultaneously)

I've tried moving the snare cable to another pad, tried different cables, worked on the head tension.....nothing helps. I've already spent time getting the different pad settings where I like them, no radical settings...

At this point, I'm blaming it on the TD8 because, in my mind, I've ruled out the Pintech dual-zone snare or the cable as the problem.

My next step, I guess, is go try the TD8 with some roland pads to see if the problem persists.

Anybody had a similar problem? Any other things I could try to get down to the source of the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
    John

------------------
Working...
X