Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

This forum is for soft/hardware technical questions & discussion only! Topics posted incorrectly will be deleted.
See more
See less

Vdrums Windows 10 Driver Solved

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vdrums Windows 10 Driver Solved

there you go gents....i applied this solution with windows 10 and driver installs without problems. follow the instructions and modify the .inf file as per the instructions while using your own driver line:

If you download the Windows 8.1 drivers from the Roland website and extract them. You can then navigate to:

ua4fx_w81d_v101\Files\64bit\Files\RDIF1129.INF

Open this in Notepad and locate the lines that read:

[Roland.NTamd64.7] ;; not supported
    Change this to the following:

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
    %RDID0061DeviceDesc%=RDID0061Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_00A3 ; UA-4FX

(You can paste this from the line above the one you're editing in the .INI file).

Roland included the above lines in the driver so that it could not be used on future versions of windows, other than 8.1 that it was intended for. What you're doing here is simply saying "if > Win8.1 then install the same way as Win8.1".

The problem now is that you have "tampered" with the driver, and as a security measure, Windows will not install it. To solve this, open Control Panel and then Recovery (you can just search "recovery" in the top right). Now click "If you're having problems with your PC, go to settings and try resetting it" at the bottom of this window.

Once open, click "Restart Now" under Advanced Startup.

Now click: Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

Once restarted, press the number 7 to "Disable driver signature enforcement".

so modified for the TD-15KV it would look like this:
    [Manufacturer]
    %MfgName%=Roland,NTamd64.6.2,NTamd64.7

;[ControlFlags]
    ;ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Roland]
    ;; Windows7 - Windows XP 64
    ;; not supported

[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
    ;; Windows8
    %RDID0129DeviceDesc%=RDID0129Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0150 ; TD-15

[Roland.NTamd64.7]

Excellent - thanks intouch. I'm not sure if I'm ready to attempt all this particularly since Win7 is really doing everything I need. But, if this is all that was necessary, why wouldn't Roland just do this and post a new Win10 driver. It just sounds like there's more on their agenda then helping "old" users (TD-15 old - come on now). Maybe this is some low handed marketing ploy.

Again, my thanks . . . .
    SKK

Comment

it is a very straightforward process and takes about a minute do complete and then run the normal installation. i believe drivers are done for specific windows versions and Roland would have to submit a new driver to Microsoft to get approval for new windows versions.

as said, i have done the above and it works without any glitches or problems.

there are other discussíons in other places where the same has been applied for other Roland peripherals that needed drivers for windows 10.

Comment

I have tried this several times with no success. Once the install advises to plug in the usb and turn on the TD-15, some disk activity occurs then nothing, as before. Any thoughts?

Comment

you have to make sure of the following:

1- use the correct folder. so either (on the main td-15 folder) go into files and then either into 32bit or 64bit folder (depending on your win10 being 32 or 64bit) and then there into files and modify the RDIF1129 file as mentioned above. To look like this

[Roland.NTamd64.7]

2- Allow driver override like mentioned above as well. The problem now is that you have "tampered" with the driver, and as a security measure, Windows will not install it. To solve this, open Control Panel and then Recovery (you can just search "recovery" in the top right). Now click "If you're having problems with your PC, go to settings and try resetting it" at the bottom of this window.

Once open, click "Restart Now" under Advanced Startup.

Now click: Troubleshoot > Advanced Settings > Startup Settings > Restart.

Once restarted, press the number 7 to "Disable driver signature enforcement".

3- finally make sure that before applying above steps your td-15 module has been removed from the devices list in your device manager and then carry out a restart and apply the above steps.

I had tried many times before doing the above and it would stop exactly at the 'plug in your td-15 and turn it on' as it does with yours now. Once I applied the above steps, it asked me to allow with driver installation warning and then proceeded to install the driver and everything worked perfectly with my VST programs as it was before upgrading to windows 10.

Comment

alternatively find below the complete modified RFID1129 that you could copy and paste to replace the contents of yours

Comment

; Installation inf for the TD-15
              ;
              ; Copyright (c) 2013 Roland Corporation
              ;
              [Version]
              Signature="$Windows NT$"
              Class=MEDIA
              ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
              Provider=%MfgName%
              CatalogFile=RDID1129.CAT
              DriverVer=09/30/2013,1.00.01.0000

;---------------------------------------------------------------;

[DestinationDirs]
              RDID0129.Files.Asio = 11
              RDID0129.Files.User = 11
              RDID0129.Files.Inst = 11
              RDID0129.Files.As32 = 10,syswow64
              RDID0129.Files.Ext = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers
              DefaultDestDir = 10,system32\drivers ; %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers

[SourceDisksNames]
              1=%RDID0129DiskName%,,

[SourceDiskSFiles]
              RDWM1129.SYS=1
              RDAS1129.DLL=1
              RDDP1129.EXE=1
              RDCP1129.CPL=1
              RDCI1129.DLL=1
              RDAW1129.DLL=1
              RDAH1129.DAT=1

[Manufacturer]

;[ControlFlags]
              ;ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Roland]
              ;; not supported

[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
              ;; Windows8

[Roland.NTamd64.7]

;================================================= ==============;

[RDID0129Install.NTamd64]
              Include=ks.inf,wdmaudio.inf
              Needs=KS.Registration,WDMAUDIO.Registration
              CopyFiles=RDID0129.Files.User,RDID0129.Files.Ext,R DID0129.Files.Asio,RDID0129.Files.As32
              AddReg=RDID0129AddReg

[RDID0129Install.NTamd64.CoInstallers]
              AddReg=RDID0129CoInstallers.AddReg
              CopyFiles=RDID0129.Files.Inst

[RDID0129CoInstallers.AddReg]
              HKR,,CoInstallers32,%REG_MSZ%,"RdCi1129.dll,ProcCo Inst"

[RDID0129AddReg]
              HKR,,DevLoader,,"*ntkern"
              HKR,,AssociatedFilters,,"wdmaud,swmidi,redbook"
              HKR,,Driver,,rdwm1129.sys
              HKR,,NTMPDriver,,"rdwm1129.sys"

HKR,Drivers,SubClasses,,"wave,midi,mixer"

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
              HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv
              HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Driver,,wdmaud.drv

HKR,Drivers\wave\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID0129 DeviceDesc%
              HKR,Drivers\midi\wdmaud.drv, Description,,%RDID0129DeviceDesc%
              HKR,Drivers\mixer\wdmaud.drv,Description,,%RDID012 9DeviceDesc%

HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Nam e,,%WDM.To11.szPname%
              HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.To11.szPname.GUID%,Dis play,1,00,00,00,00
              HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Nam e,,%WDM.Ti11.szPname%
              HKLM,%MediaCategories%\%WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID%,Dis play,1,00,00,00,00

[RDID0129Install.NTamd64.Services]
              AddService = RDID1129, 0x00000002, RDID0129_Service_Inst

[RDID0129_Service_Inst]
              DisplayName = %RDID0129DeviceDesc%
              ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
              StartType = 3 ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
              ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
              ServiceBinary = %10%\system32\Drivers\rdwm1129.sys

;;;
              ;;
              [RDID0129.Files.Ext]
              RDWM1129.sys

[RDID0129.Files.User]
              RDCP1129.CPL
              RDDP1129.EXE

[RDID0129.Files.Inst]
              RDCI1129.DLL

[RDID0129.Files.Asio]
              RDAS1129.DLL

[RDID0129.Files.As32]
              RDAW1129.DLL
              RDAH1129.DAT

[RDID0129Install.NTamd64.Interfaces]
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%, %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%, %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%, %KSNAME_Wo11%, WDM.Interface.Wo11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%, %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%, %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%, %KSNAME_Wi11%, WDM.Interface.Wi11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%, %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_RENDER%, %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11
              AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE%, %KSNAME_Md11%, WDM.Interface.Md11

AddInterface=%KSCATEGORY_AUDIO%, %KSNAME_Topology%, WDM.Interface.Topology

[WDM.Interface.Wo11]
              AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg
              [WDM.Interface.Wo11.AddReg]
              HKR,,CLSID,,%Proxy.CLSID%
              HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wo11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Wi11]
              AddReg=WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg
              [WDM.Interface.Wi11.AddReg]
              HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Wi11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Md11]
              AddReg=WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg
              [WDM.Interface.Md11.AddReg]
              HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Md11.szPname%

[WDM.Interface.Topology]
              AddReg=WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg
              ;; warning!! must be "Topo" because "Topology" is too long
              [WDM.Interface.Topo.AddReg]
              HKR,,FriendlyName,,%WDM.Topology.szPname%

[Strings]
              MfgName="Roland"

RDID0129DiskName="TD-15 Driver Installation disk"
              RDID0129DeviceDesc="TD-15"

Proxy.CLSID="{17CCA71B-ECD7-11D0-B908-00A0C9223196}"
              KSCATEGORY_AUDIO="{6994AD04-93EF-11D0-A3CC-00A0C9223196}"
              KSCATEGORY_RENDER="{65E8773E-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"
              KSCATEGORY_CAPTURE="{65E8773D-8F56-11D0-A3B9-00A0C9223196}"

KSNAME_Wo11="WaveOut1-1"
              WDM.Wo11.szPname="OUT (TD-15)"

KSNAME_Wi11="WaveIn1-1"
              WDM.Wi11.szPname="IN (TD-15)"

KSNAME_Md11="Midi1-1"
              WDM.Md11.szPname="TD-15"

KSNAME_Topology="Topology"
              WDM.Topology.szPname="TD-15 Mixer"

MediaCategories="SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ MediaCategories"

WDM.To11.szPname="OUT"
              WDM.Ti11.szPname="IN"
              WDM.To11.szPname.GUID = "{41DC355F-EC2B-494a-BE55-8CA692530F63}"
              WDM.Ti11.szPname.GUID = "{2CEBC780-0590-43f4-86F7-46927FD23D97}"

REG_MSZ = 0x00010000

Comment

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome!! This works great! The mistake I was making, was I failed to remove the td -15 from the device manager. Once I removed it as per your advise, it worked flawlessly. Thank you.

Comment

So, changing any TD-15 entry to TD-11, TD-30, etc. will make the driver work for that module?
                  "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

I would not recommend trying that, Intruder!

You can probably use a similar approach with the drivers files for the other modules:

1. Download the appropriate Windows 8/8.1 driver for your module.

2. Locate the 64-bit (or 32-bit, if you a running a 32-bit version of Windows) INF file in the driver download. It will probably be under a similar path to the one above but the beginning and ending names, shown in dark green, will probably be different (above we have ua4fx_w81d_v101\Files\64bit\Files\RDIF1129.INF).

3. Change corresponding lines in the correct INF for your module based on the model for the lines shown in the first post.

Only do this if you're confident you know what you're doing! And, of course, just because it works for the TD15 doesn't necessarily mean it will for other modules.

If you're not sure, post the contents of your module's INF file here and I, or the OP, will suggest what to change.
                    Last edited by ClintTweed; 08-13-15, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                      So, changing any TD-15 entry to TD-11, TD-30, etc. will make the driver work for that module?
                      alter the lines in the driver file as per instructions with the specific codes of your driver and it should definitely work.

Comment

Originally posted by intouch1 View Post

alter the lines in the driver file as per instructions with the specific codes of your driver and it should definitely work.

Yes, I of course meant using the driver file for the correct module.
                        Not using just the TD-15 driver file.
                        Thanks guys.
                        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks for the fix! Worked perfectly.

Comment

I'd love to try this but I'm confused.

In his first post InTouch says this....

Open this in Notepad and locate the lines that read:

[Roland.NTamd64.7] ;; not supported
                            Change this to the following:

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
                            %RDID0061DeviceDesc%=RDID0061Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_00A3 ; UA-4F

But the modified code looks like this, which to me appears different. WHAT AM I MISSING

so modified for the TD-15KV it would look like this:
                            [Manufacturer]

;[ControlFlags]
                            ;ExcludeFromSelect=*

[Roland]
                            ;; not supported

[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
                            ;; Windows8

[Roland.NTamd64.7]

TD-15KV. VEX Evolution. Jobeky Prestige Custom Dual Zone 13" eDrum. PDX-100 X 2. PD-85BK X 2 KD-9 X 1. VH-11. CY-12C X 2. CY-13R. Tama speed cobra. Pearl HI Hat

Comment

Basically you are adding these 2 lines in the file (plus a blank line to make it clearer):

[Roland.NTamd64.7]

The reason for this is so that the driver is recognized as valid for Windows 10.

To break down the info in the first line:

Roland = manufacturer
                              NT = version (Windows NT is the basis for Windows versions: NT, 2000, XP, Vista, 7 and 10)
                              amd64 = cpu type (this covers most Intel and AMD 64-bit CPUs)
                              7 = release number (Windows 10, confusingly, has an internal version number of 7.0, Windows 8 was 6.2, Windows 7 was 6.1 and Vista 6.0, if I am remembering correctly. This has nothing to do with the name on the boot screen. It leads to a lot of confusion).

The second line is just copied from the Windows 8 entry above the 2 lines I quoted. We could make the new lines a little clearer by adding a comment like this (";;" indicates a comment):

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
                              ;; Windows 10
                              Last edited by ClintTweed; 08-15-15, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X