Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

If you cannot post, please visit our Forum Talk forum for answers to more frequently asked questions.

Is your post missing? Please read forum descriptions & guidelines within before posting in the wrong forum.

See more
See less

TD 25 split triggers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsnkc View Post
    Yes...I did look at the 2box and seriously considered it. But it wouldn't work for me cause of the hi-hat triggering they use. I use the Pintech VisuLite hi hats and it doesn't look like there is any way I could get it to work without making some weird trigger box that I have no idea how to make.
    The good news is: You don't have to make anything; just get Jman's Stealth 2Box HH stand conversion kit. Send a PM to Jman above. His converter box allows you to use almost any HH pedal with any HH cymbal, so you can keep all your existing equipment and rig them to the 2Box for low cost.

Check it out here: http://www.2box-forum.com/index.php/topic,1890.0.html
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

Originally posted by evilcartman View Post
      I would like add to this. I have a TD30 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to split the trigger sounds. I do not mean physically split the trigger. I mean assign to different instruments to the head and rim. When I edit the trigger, the sounds always apply together. I just want to make tom1 head a tom sound and he rim a cowbell sound. I cannot believe that this is so difficult or impossible to figure out.

Also, is there any way to blend two sounds together so two instruments will play with one trigger hit?
      The User Manual is your friend.
      1. Press the [INST] button.
      2. Press the [F1] (LIST) button.
      INST LIST screen will appear.
      Button Explanation
      [F1] ( CATEG) button
      Selects the instrument category.
      [F2] (CATEG ) button
      [F3] ( GROUP) button
      Selects the instrument group.
      [F4] (GROUP ) button
      [F5] (H & R) button
      Switches to select the head and
      rim instruments simultaneously
      (on) or individually (off ).
      3. Select the pad that you want to edit.
      Strike the desired pad, or use the TRIG SELECT buttons
      to select it.
      The INST LIST screen for the selected pad will appear.
      4. Use the dial, the [–] [+], or cursor buttons to
      select the instrument.
      5. Press the [EXIT] button to return to the INST
      screen.
      I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
      Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I would like add to this. I have a TD30 and cannot for the life of me figure out how to split the trigger sounds. I do not mean physically split the trigger. I mean assign to different instruments to the head and rim. When I edit the trigger, the sounds always apply together. I just want to make tom1 head a tom sound and he rim a cowbell sound. I cannot believe that this is so difficult or impossible to figure out.

Also, is there any way to blend two sounds together so two instruments will play with one trigger hit?
        From the Instrument/Edit screen, use F5 (H&R) to select between editing head and rim together or seperately.
        See the memo on page 56 in the manual.

TD-30 module, PDP A2E (22, 16, 14, 12, 10), Quartz triggers,
        VH11 hi-hat, PD125 (snare), Roland cymbals, Peavey KB4 monitor, Audio-Technica ATH-M50
        Axis A21 Sabres, Axis A Longboards

Comment

Yeah, it helps to RTFM!
          "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Mine didn't come with a manual and I'm just a big dumb drummer. What about blending sounds? (Maybe new thread?)

I'll say one thing about my old Alesis module, it was easy to use. Sounded like crap, but never had to look up anything.

Comment

Mine didn't come with a manual and I'm just a big dumb drummer.
              http://www.rolandus.com/support/by_p...wners_manuals/
              I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
              Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

I did finally get a response back from Roland which does confirm it. ...and by the sounds of it, i'd bet they have no plans to allow splitting the triggers.

"The inputs on the TD-25 module cannot be split unfortunately. The Rim instruments for a pad are preassigned in each kit and depend on the instruments that have been assigned. For example, if a tom instrument is assigned to a pad, then the appropriate tom rim instrument is automatically selected for the rim of the pad. "

Comment

So you can't assign an independent percussion sound (i.e., cow bell) to a tom rim yet retain the standard tom drum sound to the head?

Comment

You can't assign a tom sound to the head and a cowbell sound to the rim. The only thing that will be assigned to the rim is the rim of whatever instrument the head is.

Comment

After doing more research, even if you were able to properly split the trigger, there is no way to assign 2 different instruments to 1 input..the module just doesn't allow for it. I'm gonna return it and have to get a TD30
                      You're partially wrong - if you get a soundcard (like Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6) and then use the midi signal to trigger acoustic virtual drums from a computer, you can do this. You can make any trigger pad do anything...

Comment

You can't assign a tom sound to the head and a cowbell sound to the rim. The only thing that will be assigned to the rim is the rim of whatever instrument the head is.
                        You can if you trigger drum sounds off a virtual drum synth on a computer, via a soundcard. You can also trigger multiple sounds of each pad / rim simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by JmanWord View Post
                          That Hosa YPP-117 splitter pictured above WILL NOT WORK with most Roland modules.

The other Roland modules like the TD-9, 11, 12, 15, 20, or TD-30 cannot be split using a traditional splitter like that. There has been a thread in the DIY forum for years and years about a special DIY splitter (that can also be purchased on line) that will split the tom and aux inputs. That thread is here: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced...x-tom-splitter
                          I have no doubt that special splitter will work. The problem is: If there is no way to select your head and rim instruments separately the splitter is almost useless..... IE: What's the point?
                          It's not really a problem if you are triggering virtual drums on a computer via a soundcard - you can assign anything to any pad. Plus they sound better than the roland ones. Like night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by ac17 View Post
                            You can if you trigger drum sounds off a virtual drum synth on a computer, via a soundcard. You can also trigger multiple sounds of each pad / rim simultaneously.
                            Sure, but he is not interested in using a PC. He wants a module that can do this with the internal sounds and no PC connected at all.

Comment

Yeah...I got sick of always having to use my Mac to trigger drum sounds...and having to run back and forth between my drumset and my computer to make little changes. It was really annoying. I just wanted a module that would do everything. I picked up the TD-30..while it isn't perfect...it will do like 98% of what I want it to, which is a lot more than any other drum module i've tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X