Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

xstick not working on td9 ver 1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xstick not working on td9 ver 1.0

Folks - I just bought a used Roland TD9. I absolutely love the kit but am having a problem with the "xstick" functionality. I checked the firmware version on the module and it is 1.10. I tried the snare pad on another channel and the rim trigger works. I tracked down a schematic for the harness, it checks out (rim on the tip and pad on the barrel pins 3-5). That leaves the controller. I went through the manual and found every reference to xstick that I could. I turned the volume and threshold all the way up on one of the patches but no love. This is probably the one thing I can live with out, but if sure would be nice to get it working.

Any ideas?

Thanks - 2tone

BTW - I did ensure that xstick was highlighted for that kit (F3)

Comment

What kind of pad are you using for a snare -- is it a mesh headed pd or is it a rubber pad? Also, which kit are you using and which instrument do you have assigned to the snare on that kit -- not all snare instruments support xtick.

-SD-

Comment

SD - Thanks for the reply I was using Big Rock kit, went into the menu, and change the snare from a "Medium S" to a "Medium SR" (which has the X next to it in the Snare list). The pad is a mesh PDX-8. I did notice something odd though. On my module the Medium S is #70 and the SR #71. I also downloaded 2 manuals, my module has 50 kits which looks like it is and older version? I though the only difference between the v1 and v2 was the firmware? Anyway the SR snare still didn't produce an xstick strike... Maybe something happened when the previous owner tried to update the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by 2Tone View Post
          SD - Thanks for the reply I was using Big Rock kit, went into the menu, and change the snare from a "Medium S" to a "Medium SR" (which has the X next to it in the Snare list). The pad is a mesh PDX-8. I did notice something odd though. On my module the Medium S is #70 and the SR #71. I also downloaded 2 manuals, my module has 50 kits which looks like it is and older version? I though the only difference between the v1 and v2 was the firmware? Anyway the SR snare still didn't produce an xstick strike... Maybe something happened when the previous owner tried to update the firmware?
          You do know that you should have the Head set to the #70 and the Rim of the pad set to #71 right? there are 2 instruments on the snare.
          I could tell you where to stick that piezo! ;)
          Stealthdrums.com Mega Kit: Pearl Mimic Pro ,2Box modules,drums and cymbals too many to count. VST quality sounds directly from the Mimic and custom sounds loaded into and played directly from the 2Box modules. Visit me anytime at: http://stealthdrums.com/

Comment

... which is wrongly worded in the TD-9 manual on Page 22:

Activating the cross stick function

By pressing [F3] (XSTICK)], you can enable or disable the cross stick function.

* It is effective only when you select the instrument with *X mark for SNARE.

refer to “Drum Instrument List” (p. 67).

(emphasis added)

It should say SNARE RIM.

Comment

Thanks for the posts everyone. I re-flashed the firmware then did a factory reset and it now works....

2tone

Comment

Working...
              X