Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Touching up the finish on a Roland rack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touching up the finish on a Roland rack?

Hey,

I got a TD-9 with an all metal rack recently. The pipes/bars are all a bit tired looking, a lot of the black has been scratched off from being moved around a lot. I think it was used for touring at one point.
    Does anyone have any experience touching up the finish? I was thinking of just spray painting it black.
    Anyone?

Sand the rough bits smooth, then use semi-gloss black. Oh yes, remove all the rubber bits and brackets before spraying.
    TD-30++ (TD-30, Diamond Electronic Drums 14x5 snare+Ludwig Atlas Pro II, 2xPDX-8, 2xPDX-6, VH-11+Gibraltar 9607DL-LD, 2xCY-12C, CY-13R, KT-10) + DA200S, almost all on an MDS-4 and a bit on the floor.

Comment

I bought all used parts for my rack some beat up a bit and colors/sheen didn't match. I drilled a small hole on one edge so I could string a wire through to handle and hang them. I used Rust-oleum Carbon Mist (metallic finish) which is a close match to the newest plastic clamps in color & sheen. I just light sanded 150 grit to prep for painting. Lots of light coats to avoid drips then let them dry a day.

Repaint it gloss black or get creative with the finish.
      TD-20X & TMC-6
      Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
      DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

Yeah, I think I might get creative! The shells are blue fade, so maybe red and silver. My acoustic kit is in those colours. Thanks for the input!

Comment

Working...
        X