Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland Vh11, large spikes in sensitivity when hitting head of hihat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Vh11, large spikes in sensitivity when hitting head of hihat

Not sure it its cause of my playing style (still learning) but,

I will play on the edge of the rim, then I will strike the bow portion of the hihat, and it doesn't take much of a hit,
    For the input to suddenly spike all the way up to full.

I tried lowering sensitivity to 5, (from 8) but it still happens.

Am I hitting the thing wrong?

Hi,
    I know you posted this over a year ago, but I had been having the same problem with a TD4 kit and Addictive Drums and it was driving me crazy!!!!!
    I finally figured it out. If you're still having the issue, let me know and I'll help you out.

Comment

In the spirit of replying to ancient threads - I'd love to know how you fixed this, Pinguinoterto! I tap away evenly on my vh-11 at about 1/3 velocity with the default settings and every 20th hit or so comes out at full velocity.

I have just pulled it apart to check for melted rubbed but the pad looks OK to me. Driving me bloomin' mental - I was hoping to spend this weekend recording with it!

Comment

Just FYI... he hasn't been on in a year and a half.
        Alan
        ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks Alan, I knew it was a bit of a gamble I have gone back to my cy5 instead for now since it has fewer issues. What a shame!

Comment

Aarrgghhh.... Two days! Two days I've tried figuring out wtf has happened to mine; super sensitivity on the central piezo and sounds like s***. Trawl through V Drum forum (splendid tho it is) and....

Comment

Working...
            X