Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Chokes with the PD7s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chokes with the PD7s?

Hi Folks!

I'm not yet a Vdrum player, but I'm shure I'll be one soon. Here's my question:
    Does anybody know, if chokes can be executed with the PD7 cymbal pads? If yes, how?
    Is it possible to produce swelling cymbal rolls?

THX for your replies!

Greetings
    curcini.

Originally posted by curcini:
    Hi Folks!

I'm not yet a Vdrum player, but I'm shure I'll be one soon. Here's my question:
    Does anybody know, if chokes can be executed with the PD7 cymbal pads? If yes, how?
    Is it possible to produce swelling cymbal rolls?
    curcini.
    Yes on the chokes, grab the rim and press down (sort of like a real cymbal choke). I think Roland gets a "close, but no cigar" on this. The response has never been acceptable for me.

Yes on the cymbal swells, however, some crashes do much better than others. The TD-10 quick 16" and 18" work for me as well as the TDW-1 Thin 16" and 18". Several others work great. Some machine gun and aren't good for this.

I have the sensitivity up and use press rolls very effectivly for swells and sustained crashes. Single strokes work well with low or higher sensitivity settings. Technique was fairly simple to get used to for me. I'm sure there are some who may feel differently. I use PD-9's for crashes and PD-7's for HH and effects.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
    X