Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-6 - blank display but backlight on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-6 - blank display but backlight on.

I'll try this again, my original post appears to have been deleted because I posted it twice by mistake.

I have a old Roland TD-6, it's served me faithfully for several years until a few days ago. I was using the click and it just...stopped. The display went blank. I switched it off and on again - nothing, still blank, nothing but the backlight. No buttons working, nothing from the pads...I replaced the internal battery but it made no difference. The display backlight comes on but there's no text displayed. Someone suggested it might be a PSU issue but before I buy another PSU I want to see if anyone has any ideas where the problem might lie. Has anyone ever seen a similar problem and managed to fix it?

Thanks for any assistance

Stephen

You'll probably spend more money fixing it than just buying a new (used) one off of ebay. Could be anything in there really. Have you opened it up? Kinda sounds like a blown capacitor. might be able to spot a burned out one on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by mully View Post
      Has anyone ever seen a similar problem and managed to fix it.
      Yes, I had a friend that had the exact same symptom on a TD-8 many years ago and a new PSU fixed it for him. I can't find the link, but I seem to remember more than one TD-6 post like this in the past. If I remember correctly, each time, the fix was a new PSU.

-SD-

Comment

Thanks to both of you for your help. A new PSU is only a few pounds, I'll try that first.

Stephen

Comment

just signed up on the forum and I'm glad i did. I am having this exact issue. dumb question, but what is a PSU?

Comment

Originally posted by shawnb View Post
            just signed up on the forum and I'm glad i did. I am having this exact issue. dumb question, but what is a PSU?
            Power Supply Unit.
            Alan
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks I appreciate it. Hopefully I can find one at guitar center.

Comment

If your screen has gone on the Roland TD-6V quick fix.
                1. Power it off
                2. Hold down the shift and edit/setup buttons at the same time.
                3. Power it back up.
                4 Hit the enter button when asked to
                maybe 3 times unit completed.
                this will reset the TD-6V
                your done happy drumming

Can also be related to the psu or possibly the internal battery
                Last edited by Kick Drum; 10-26-20, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X