Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland TD-15 - Naming a USB backup not working correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland TD-15 - Naming a USB backup not working correctly

I'm trying to create and re-name a few different backup files on my USB stick. The names allow me to remember the purpose of the particular backup. My problem is after I name a particular backup, say changing "Backup01" to "Custom" and save it, it seems to revert back to the standard Backup01 name after I turn the system off and back on again. It seems to keep the revised kit configurations, but just doesn't retain the new name assigned to that particular backup. Any ideas out there? Thanks.

The file names on the mem stick do not change. When you plug in the stick and say load the names have been changed to what you set them as.
    Silly, but that is the Roland way. You almost need a map of the stick written down if you have a lot of backups.
    Welcome to the fun!
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Thanks for your response. So, you're saying the feature Roland gives us to change the name of a file when doing a backup to USB doesn't do anything permanent. Any and all backups will revert to the standard "Backup01", Backup02", etc. names no matter what we may try to change them to?

Comment

Originally posted by diamondroad View Post
        Thanks for your response. So, you're saying the feature Roland gives us to change the name of a file when doing a backup to USB doesn't do anything permanent. Any and all backups will revert to the standard "Backup01", Backup02", etc. names no matter what we may try to change them to?

No, It changes the internal name of the backup just not the file name you see on the stick itself.
        After you change the name of the backup and hit save for a couple of backups then go back and try to load a backup then you will see it is called whatever you changed it to.
        If you look at the stick on your computer the files will still be called backup01 etc. The module reads the internal names when the stick is plugged in and you go to load the files.
        Confusing yes thats why Vdrumlib2 and TD30 Browser come in very handy to work with the backups outside of the module. Both are very good programs.
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Working...
        X