Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Additional Pads/Triggers for a TD20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Additional Pads/Triggers for a TD20

I am looking for a way to add a couple extra pads/triggers to my TD-20. Is there any good way of doing this? Could I do this by connecting another modules midi output to the TD-20's midi input? If so, is there a way to combine the midi sources to a single midi output?
    Pearl Mimic PRO
    DDrum DDTi
    Custom DIY Conversion

Looks like a TMC-6 module will supply the extra triggers I am looking for via midi. Does anyone know if the midi input that comes from TMC-6 will also be part of the midi output of the TD-20? Looks like the TMC-6 is pretty old. Does anyone know of another module/unit that will do the same thing as the TMC-6?
    Pearl Mimic PRO
    DDrum DDTi
    Custom DIY Conversion

Comment

I just added a TMC-6 to my TD-20x set. The 'sticky' thread in Technical was great in getting it hooked up. The MIDI does thru put to the out (I haven't done that, but the manuals say so). It is not an intuitive device and the sounds you select from the TD-20 are basic, meaning you can set pitch and decay but not much else. I used them for added splashes, cowbell, etc., so the sounds were OK for those and I don't need to change those sounds if I select a different kit.

I've seen threads where others have used older modules and done the same thing via the MIDI out to the TD-20. I was going to go that route, but just use the native sounds in each module and feed separate outs to the mixing board. I'll end up doing that at some point when/if I get a TD-30 and just keep the TD-20 (with lots more room for expansion).
      Last edited by hank; 03-15-15, 07:03 PM.
      TD-20X & TMC-6
      Hart Pro Snare TE3.2, 2 @ KT-10, 5 @ PDX-100, 2 @ CY-15, 2 @ CY-14, 4 @ CY-12, VH-12, 4 @ BT-1, TD-20X VEX packs
      DW9500TB HH, MDS-12X rack hardware & mounts with longer tubes and added bracing.

Comment

Working...
      X