Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loading drum patches into TD15K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loading drum patches into TD15K

Hello guys
    Fantastic forum you have here. I bought my TD15K a week ago and I've already learnt loads.
    I've managed to get hold of the drum patches that Roland were issuing last year. I've downloaded them onto my USB stick, followed the instructions in the manual, but I can't get the kits to load into it. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

What format are the patches in?

Comment

They're .td0 files.
      I've downloaded the files onto the USB stick (I know that the USB stick is compatible because I've already played some MP3's through it on the module)
      Then I've clicked MENU.
      Then I've clicked SAVE/LOAD
      Then I've clicked LOAD
      Then it lists numbers 1-100 and asks me to select LOAD. which I do, but nothing happens! I'm probably doing something really stupid.

I've tried connecting the module to my PC but even that is giving me a bit of trouble. I was hoping to connect it and have a sorto of "drag and drop" option! It's as if the computer knows the TD15 is ready to use but won't let me do anything else with it.

Comment

Are you sure the "patches" are for the td15 module?
        They need to be in a specific directory of the stick also. Use the module to format the stick and read the manual for further info.
        Good luck!
        "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Yeah, they're definitely for the TD15 and I've formatted the USB stick from the module.

Comment

I think the td0 files need to be in Roland/kits directory of the stick. When loading choose single kit and which slot number of module to put it in. All from memory as I have not used that feature in a while.

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

Originally posted by sean.gtx View Post
              They're .td0 files.
              Okay, but there are two types of .td0 files and the procedure to load each type is different.

Here are instructions for each .td0 file type -- kit backups and module backups:
              (1) If your .td0 files are individual kit backups, then they will be around 600 bytes in size. You will you need to copy the individual .TD0 files to the Roland/TD-15/Kit/ directory. Also, the files must be named using the following format: KIT-???.TD0, where ??? is a number from 001 to 100 and signifies which number in the kit list that you want to load. So, for kit #7, you need to name the file KIT-007.TD0

(2) If your .td0 files are module backups, then they will be around 60 kBytes in size and they contain all 100 drum kits and all other module settings including trigger settings for each pad.
              Anyway, you will you need to copy the individual .TD0 files to the Roland/TD-15/Backup/ directory. Also, the files must be named using the following format: BKUP-???.TD0, where ??? is a number from 001 to 100 and signifies which backup number in the backup list that you want to load. So, for backup #7, you need to name the file BKUP-007.TD0

Note: If you load an entire module backup, it will erase all of your module settings and replace them with the settings in this backup. If you want to preserve your trigger settings and pad configuration, then see this thread: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/advanced...d-pad-settings

Then I've clicked MENU.
              Then I've clicked SAVE/LOAD
              Then I've clicked LOAD
              Then it lists numbers 1-100 and asks me to select LOAD. which I do, but nothing happens! I'm probably doing something really stupid.
              That is the correct procedure to load individual kit backups that are stored in the Roland/TD-15/Kit/ directory and named KIT-???.TD0. But, that will not work for module backups. If you have module backups, see the instructions on page 39 of your TD-15 manual.

I've tried connecting the module to my PC but even that is giving me a bit of trouble. I was hoping to connect it and have a sorto of "drag and drop" option! It's as if the computer knows the TD15 is ready to use but won't let me do anything else with it.
              Sorry, the TD-15 will not enumerate as a USB mass storage device on your PC, so you will not be able to "drag and drop." Sure would be nice if Roland would have implemented it that way, though.

-SD-
              Last edited by SiliconDrummer; 03-14-15, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Thanks SD so, I have half a memory at least!
                What tdo files did Roland issue for the td15 a year ago?
                I have never seen Roland release anything other than firmware and drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Intruder View Post
                  Thanks SD so, I have half a memory at least!
                  Yes, more than half.

What tdo files did Roland issue for the td15 a year ago?
                  Not sure, but I think he is talking about this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPkGTEEeCMk

Comment

Hi guys, thanks for your responses.
                    The link above, yes those are the .tdo files that I'm talking about.
                    SiliconDrummer, here's where I am at the moment:
                    The files are around 592 bytes, so they're kit backups. They are all saved in the format that you were talking about. Here's where I'm getting lost though:

You will you need to copy the individual .TD0 files to the Roland/TD-15/Kit/ directory.

My USB stick hasn't got those folders. I've only got Roland/TD-15/QUICK REC and Roland/TD-15/Song. It's as if the module created those onto my USB stick by itself.
                    I created my own folders (in other words, I created Roland/TD-15/kit/directory) and copied the files into that in the hope that the module would find them but still nothing.

Am I just being a complete nooob? Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by sean.gtx View Post
                      I created Roland/TD-15/kit/directory) and copied the files into that in the hope that the module would find them but still nothing.
                      The directory name "Kit" is case sensitive. Looks like you got the case incorrect -- "kit" is not the same as "Kit" Also, do not put the word "directory" in the path as you have indicated above. So, the correct path is Roland/TD-15/Kit

BTW, you can have the module create the path for you. All you have to do is Save one kit. You found the instructions in the manual to load a kit, now go find the instructions to save a kit. Follow those instructions to save a single kit and the module will create the directory and put a kit file in there for you.

-SD-

Comment

Working...
                      X