Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VDrumLib

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • VDrumLib

    Hey All

    Not sure if this is the right subforum. Looking at getting a copy of VDrumLib and a VEX Pack for my TD-15. Does anyone know if VDrumLib works on Windows 8.1 and if the developer is still around. As far as I can tell, the software hasnt been updated since 2013. I dont want to purchase a piece of software and get screwed out of being able to use it. Even if it is only $20

    Thanks

    Chris

  • #2
    Very much so. He'll be along any moment. It all should work fine.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by molten360 View Post
      Does anyone know if VDrumLib works on Windows 8.1 and if the developer is still around.
      Yes, it does work on 8.1 and I am still around.

      Originally posted by molten360 View Post
      I dont want to purchase a piece of software and get screwed out of being able to use it.
      The software is free to try. So, just download the fully functional trial version and give it a test drive. If it doesn't work for you, then don't buy it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yup. Did the stupid thing and bought it before trying it on the drumkit itself. It doest really say anywhere on your site it doesnt actually interface with the TD-15 which really sucks

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by molten360 View Post
          Yup. Did the stupid thing and bought it before trying it on the drumkit itself. It doest really say anywhere on your site it doesnt actually interface with the TD-15 which really sucks


          Blame Roland, not SiliconDrummer. The capabilities just aren't in the module.
          eKit (TD-30KV): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/performa...y-s-drums-td39
          aKit: (Tama Starclassic): http://www.vdrums.com/forum/acoustic...ma-starclassic
          TD30Browser: http://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/...4-td30-browser

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by kgoroway View Post



            Blame Roland, not SiliconDrummer. The capabilities just aren't in the module.

            I just wish it had have said something on the webpage about the TD11 and 15. Ill see if I can use it to my advantage though. Still need to load my nice new VEX Sounds and test that out.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by molten360 View Post
              I just wish it had have said something on the webpage about the TD11 and 15.
              It does say "Via MIDI (All Modules, except TD-9, 11, 15 and 30)" on both the "Backup your Module" section and the "Transfer Your Kit Libraries To Your Module" section of the online help. Here is the link: http://www.vdrumlib.com/help.html

              Ill see if I can use it to my advantage though. Still need to load my nice new VEX Sounds and test that out.
              Yes, you still need to use VDrumLib to protect your trigger settings/pad selections. If you load the VEX backup, it will erase all of your trigger settings/pad selections and replace them with the settings from the VEX module. You need to make a backup of your module and move just the kits from the VEX backup into your personal backup. Then you can load this new "merged" backup into your module.

              You also need VDrumLib if you want to merge any of the "Cymbal Packs" in the VEX backup with any of the kits. There are number of other things that are just difficult to do on the module, but I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish.

              I see that you sent me an email, so I will reply to that so that I can find out what you want to accomplish and help you through it.

              -SD-

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by kgoroway View Post
                Blame Roland, not SiliconDrummer. The capabilities just aren't in the module.
                Thanks.
                -SD-

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SiliconDrummer View Post
                  It does say "Via MIDI (All Modules, except TD-9, 11, 15 and 30)" on both the "Backup your Module" section and the "Transfer Your Kit Libraries To Your Module" section of the online help. Here is the link: http://www.vdrumlib.com/help.html
                  Where are the instructions for what VDrumLib CAN do with a TD-11/15 or TD-30?

                  From the help, I don't get how it supports TD-11/15/30 without CF, USB and MIDI.

                  Bruce

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by BarT View Post
                    Where are the instructions for what VDrumLib CAN do with a TD-11/15 or TD-30?
                    Waiting for you to post the page numbers of the Roland manuals were someone could find those instructions

                    In all seriousness, I do have to admit that the website help section does need to be updated and I do really have to find some time to do it.

                    -SD-
                    Last edited by SiliconDrummer; 03-12-15, 11:39 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Closed at the request of the OP.
                      Alan
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X