Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the CY-5 Clutch actually do anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the CY-5 Clutch actually do anything?

By that I mean, can I adjust the "openess" of the hi hat by tightening the clutch? I've got a TD-11KV kit, which includes the CY5 cymbal and PD8 pedal for the hi hat. I'd love to be able to make it little less open when I take my foot off the pedal. I've tried tightening the clutch, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to the sound (I'm running a V-expressions kit on the advice of this forum). Any thoughts or alternate suggestion to achieving the same result?

Not exactly related, but I wanted to say a quick "thanks" to all the posters on this thread. I've learned a ton already. Nice to see communities like this still exist.
    TD-11KV

No, the clutch does nothing. You should be able to adjust the pedal open in the module but you will have to read the manual for that info.
    Good luck
    "It makes sense if you dont think about it"

Mimic Pro, SPD-SX, 2-QSC K-10s, K-sub, Yamaha mixer, and a bunch of other expensive cool things!

Comment

To elaborate on this, keep in mind that given the cymbal/module combo you have, the somewhat limited ability to tweak the HH is a feature not a bug. In all probability, you might not achieve the desired result. A cautionary note: there's no guarantee if you went uber high-end on the HH/module combination that you'd achieve the desired result. Or achieve it easily. HH performance in edrums is probably the most user-dependent/anal/sensitive issue we continue to see.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
      www.dauphinehotel.com
      TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Working...
      X