Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HD1 midi double hits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD1 midi double hits?

Hi, I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong. My goal is to hook up my HD1 set to my computer and have it control Addictive Drums (or something similar.

The problem is, when the HD1s are hooked up to my computer, I get a lot of double hits when I'm trying to hit two things at the same time (hihat+snare, snare+bass drum, crash+tom, etc). This doesn't happen when I am hitting drums one at a time, only when I'm hitting two at the same time. And which drum sounds off the double hit changes. It's not constant.

So, I've been troubleshooting this like crazy.

At first, I focused on the cable. Got a new one. No help.

Then I focused on the DAWs. I got the buffering improved, but no change on the double hits.

Then I used the addictive drums 2 standalone program. Same thing.

EZ drummer. Same thing.

Finally, I took the same MIDI cable and hooked it up to an old keyboard I have gathering dust. Works like a charm. No double hits no matter how hard I try.

So, the problem seems to be the HD1.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or is it just an inherent issue with the cheapo HD1s?

Thank you!

(FWIW, I'm running a Macbook Air (Mavericks). 8GB Ram. 1.3ghz. I've tested out the HD1 on Reaper, Cubase, Garageband, Addictive drums, EZdrummer).

So, in case anyone is interested or was having the same problem, I finally fixed it.

The problem was the midi/usb interfaces I had.

I had tried two interfaces previously. First, a cheapo I found on amazon. And then a hosa brand (also from amazon). Finally, I tried the Roland um-one mk2 usb/midi interface. I figured, if any brand would work with my roland drums, it would be a roland interface.

It wasn't plug and play like the others—it came with slightly outdated drivers, but the current ones were easy to find online.

Once I finally got it setup and working with my software, it worked like a charm.

Problem solved.

The moral of the story is, don't try and save money on the USB/Midi interface.

Comment

I just got this drum kit....just trying it out as my first kit.......really rejuvenated after seeing this post. So after using the Roland um-one you have been able to record in DAW's using vst plugins without those inconsistent hits right?

Comment

Working...
      X