Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland BT-1 - Getting "BT-1 Sens" on modules other than TD-30/TM-2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland BT-1 - Getting "BT-1 Sens" on modules other than TD-30/TM-2

Hi guys,

so seems like in order to bypass the switch trigger of the BT-1 and simply get a piezo trigger, some Roland trickery needs to happen and the specific trigger type for this is currently only found on the TD-30 & TM-2.

What would it take for other modules (from other brands) to be able to access the piezo-only trigger? Can it be hardwired or jerry-rigged in some way?

Thanks!

I think you are asking the wrong question. The BT-1 is one of the most expensive aux triggers out there and there is heaps of choice. So, the question is why buy a BT-1 if your module doesn't support its unique features. Just go with a simple, cheap, piezo-based trigger. And if you don't know what's out there, check out digitalDrummer's compilation.
    . digitalDrummer
    Review index

Comment

if you only want a single bar/tube trigger, there's a lot of other trigger out there for cheap like Pintech or you can build your own single tube bar trigger from PVC tube/pipe

Comment

But it is still possible to only use the piezo output on the BT-1 with any module. You won't be able to gain the benefit from the x-talk supression which is one of the best functions on BT-1. (the switch and the piezo works together)

I am using 3 BT-1 units with the MegaDRUM TMI, where we can support the x-talk function. I have two mounted BT-1 on my snare...and it is totally impossible to generate or get false triggering from the BT-1's when hitting the snare. One of the nice advantages is the mounting system of the BT-1.

Angr77
        Pearl CrystalBeat and Sonor Safari, Roland CY-14/13R/15R/12CR,RT-10/30,BT-1,VH-11/12/13 & KD-10, Dingbat,Triggera D14, D11, ATV AD-h14, PCY-155, 120MHz MD with PS board, 2box 3/5/5MKII, dd4SE, Yamaha DTX502, Addictive Drums 2.1.19. All ADpaks, Microsoft Surface PRO, Macbook, Pearl Throne Thumper, Zourman HH & Ride Conv Kit www.zourman.com

Comment

there was company make single trigger link BT-1 mounting and cheaper price, called crappy trigger, for some reason they don't sell anymore..... i want to buy some but .

http://www.crappytriggers.com/index....e=shippinginfo

Comment

Hey Angr77,

Are you saying that when used with another module and plugged using a TS cable, the BT-1 functions as a normal piezo?

Originally posted by angr77 View Post
            But it is still possible to only use the piezo output on the BT-1 with any module. You won't be able to gain the benefit from the x-talk supression which is one of the best functions on BT-1. (the switch and the piezo works together)

I am using 3 BT-1 units with the MegaDRUM TMI, where we can support the x-talk function. I have two mounted BT-1 on my snare...and it is totally impossible to generate or get false triggering from the BT-1's when hitting the snare. One of the nice advantages is the mounting system of the BT-1.

Angr77

Comment

Working...
            X