Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roland CY-14C rubber cymbal mount wear and tear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland CY-14C rubber cymbal mount wear and tear

Hi, I have a roland cy-14c crash cymbal. After almost 10 years of use, I have worn out the rubber area in the middle of the cymbal where it mounts onto the stand. The triggers in the cymbal all work just fine, so I would like to repair it, or come up with a reasonable work-around if possible. Has anyone ever successfully repaired the mount area after it wears out? I've tried to be creative without actually taking the cymbal apart, but nothing seems to work. I think that this is probably a common issue with the design, but I can't figure out how to search the web for it and get relevant results. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

-B
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Wow you must really flog your cymbals.
    My Cy14 cymbals are from my original TD-10 kit I bought in 2002 and still hold up to a good bashing every 2 weeks with my band as well as practice and playing at home.
    What about pop riveting a piece of aluminium plate right through the internal plastic cymbal plate and drilling a hole in it?
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Working...
    X