Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Octopad - the 4 x AUX inputs .........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Octopad - the 4 x AUX inputs .........

Hey all

Quick question - can I use the 4 x AUX inputs of the Octopad to 'expand' my E-kit.

In other words - add 4 x single zone pads/ cymbals to the Octo AUX slots and then have them go via MIDI out on the Octo to the Midi in/thru on my TD20 module and have those pads trigger sounds in my superior Drummer program - I guess I am asking can the Octopad be used the same way you would use a TMC6 trigger convertor?

Cheers

I see no reason why not!!! Although I haven't tried it.
    More knowledgeable folks will chime in.
    Cheers
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

You betcha. I don't own one, but you can use the internal sounds from the octopad or MIDI out of the octopad and into your main module and use those sounds. Although from what I can gather the newest octopad had some pretty hot sounds.

Comment

What Bruce said. It's been a while but when I reviewed the Octopad for dD Mag, I think I mentioned this. It's the Nov 2012 issue:
        http://www.emag.digitaldrummermag.co...?issue=issue12

I don't talk about it directly but again, it will do what you're wanting it to do.

www.digitaldrummermag.com
        www.dauphinehotel.com
        Last edited by grog; 01-03-15, 09:16 AM.
        TD-12, DTX502, SD1000, EZDrummer, Diamond Drum 12" snare, S1000 toms/cymbals/kick, PCY10/100/135/155, CY-5/14, Hart Ride, Hart Acupad 8" kick, Epedal Pro II, Concept 1 pads/cymbals, SD1000 & Roland V Sessions racks, PD-7, Kit Toy 10" splash, DMPad ride, SamplePad, PerformancePad Pro

Comment

Thanks all - appreciated.
          TD20 module off to get a new screen" tomorrow " so as soon as I can 'see' what I am doing I will be able to get this happening - thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X