Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trouble getting volume out of CY-12 Cymbals compared to CY-14 cymbals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble getting volume out of CY-12 Cymbals compared to CY-14 cymbals

I think I have tried everything to get my CY-12 splash and my CY-12 china into the mix but compared to the CY-14 Crashes they just don't make it, the volume is about half of the Cy-14 crashes volume.
    I have turned down the CY-14 to try and get them to balance but they never seem to compare to the CY-12s which are always too quiet.
    Also have a PD-8 set as a timbale and it is the same very low output.
    So is it just the AUX inputs, or is it in the module, or is it the pads themselves?? be nice to have some volume symmetry across my cymbals.
    Anyone got any ideas.
    NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Which module?

A TD-20 or TD-30 has separate volume faders for each individual AUX input 1-4 as well as the common AUX fader for all four; so each AUX input is affected by the virtual position of two different volume faders.

Comment

You might need a new pzieo
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Thanks BartT great info
        TD-30 will look into that.
        Sounds like that could be it.
        NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Yep BarT !!!Just checked kit and
          you nailed it !!!!!
          what a easy setting to overlook.
          I was looking everywhere, but right in front of me DOH!!
          Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X