Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ill triggered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill triggered?

With being somewhat new to the "new-er" Roland kits I'm sure someone on this forum can help me with this issue...my one CY-8 crash fails to trigger at times and it always seems to be when I'm using the second tom or floor tom as a combination prior to hitting the crash,but again it's VERY intermittent as to when it decides not to trigger and trigger.I've taken the cymbal apart and the piezo looks fine as does the wiring and jack.I've read of others having this same issue but I've never located a solution for it.Could it be a sensitivity issue or perhaps a crosstalk problem and if so how do I remedy it?
    much thanks in advance!

Hi,
    Try to decrease the crosstalk setting of your crash.

Comment

Also, try posting in the tech sections for these kinds of questions. Those threads actually have folks in there looking to help. The Lounge is full of clowns like me looking to have a good time lol.

K ;-)
      My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
      E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
      A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
      A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Clowns to the left of me...jokers to the right Will do Kenster!

...and thanks Sylv1co for the suggestion..will try it later..

Cheers

Comment

Just trying to help a brutha out!

K ;-)
          My bands: Alter Ego, Arcanum
          E Kit = Roland TDW-20s kit // Roland SPD-S// Pearl Demon Drives//
          A Kit = Tama Swingstar 5 pc (1981) w/roto toms (orig owner!) //Zildjians
          A Kit = Natal 6 pc with Paiste 2000 & Zildjian/MidiKNights/DrumSplitters

Comment

Originally posted by Kenster View Post
            Also, try posting in the tech sections for these kinds of questions. Those threads actually have folks in there looking to help. The Lounge is full of clowns like me looking to have a good time lol.

K ;-)
            Yea Im a clown to. Dont know what Im doing here really. I think Im just here to make everybody else look intelligent. Yea thats it.

Comment

Ahhhhhhhh...the cy8, stuff that nightmares are made of! Lol

Comment

I agree CY8 is trouble
                I gave up on mine as it stopped triggering, too many problems
                CY14 and CY15 are the ones to use for most reliable use.
                NOW with New Improved TD-30 Module, some V drums an other music making thingies with miscellaneous small furry animals, large hairy animals, motorcycle bits and a big muff:rolleyes:.

Comment

Working...
                X