Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD 30 does not seem to send General MIDI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 30 does not seem to send General MIDI?

I'm using the TD30 as a controller to trigger a virtual drum module in my DAW. For some reason, the TD30 does not send General MIDI from it's MIDI out. I know this because the closed hi hat has been MIDI note F#1 for 20 years or more, and the TD30 is not sending this MIDI note to the drum module. How (if it can) do I set up the TD30 to send General MIDI, so it sends F#1 as the closed hi hat?

Have you tried sending MIDI via USB MIDI vs MIDI OUT? That might solve it.
    ATV aDrums & aD5, Pearl Mimic Pro & DIY, eDRUMin 10, Agean R-series Silent Cymbals, Roland Handsonic HPD-20.

Comment

General MIDI only says that closed hi-hat is note number 42, which is what all Roland modules send and receive: General MIDI Level 1 Percussion Key Map

You can change it though, if you really want to; at INST, CONTROL, MIDI (TD-30 manual, Page 61.)

(It's the octave numbers that cause confusion between different manufacturers' equipment: MIDI Note Numbers for Different Octaves)
      Last edited by BarT; 12-16-14, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X