Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Recording perc. parts using Pads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recording perc. parts using Pads.

I'd like to use the pads to record some percussion patterns which I can use in any kit.

I've been able to do it by creating a couple of percussion kits (congas, triangles, etc), and doctoring the user percussion sets to trigger the right sounds that correspond to the note numbers that are triggered by the pads in those kits. I can then record a pattern using a percussion kit and then move the kit part to the percussion part and select the user percussion set that matches that kit
    Is this really the best way to do it? Any tips gratefully received.

[This message has been edited by Bascule (edited June 19, 2002).]

Yep. As far as I can tell that is the only way to do it. Seems like a painful way to do something that should be easy, doesn't it? (Roland are you listening?)

Check out: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001460.html for a related discussion.

Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

Thanks.

Yes, I do think they could have made that a LOT easier! It's great that it's do-able. It's just a messy way to do it.

Still, I suppose it's just one shortcoming in what is really a very good module.

Comment

I've got a TD30, and am interested in doing the same thing. I see that the above posts are quite old. Anyone have any new information for easily creating guiro, claves or cow bell patterns that can be assigned to pads on any kit?
        Roland TD-30KVS, PM-30

Comment

Originally posted by dyoder View Post
          I've got a TD30, and am interested in doing the same thing. I see that the above posts are quite old. Anyone have any new information for easily creating guiro, claves or cow bell patterns that can be assigned to pads on any kit?
          It has become easier in those 11 years (on a TD-12/20/30).

See "• If you set “Local Control” to “ON (PERC),” you’ll be able to use the pads to record the percussion part and "ON (PERC) The performance data from the pad is sent to the percussion part and drum kits cannot be played. Select this only when you record the percussion part with pads." on Page 143 in the TD-30 manual.

So you make that temporary setting, record the pattern (Pages 99-100), set Pad Pattern (Page 60), set Play Type to LOOP, ONE SHOT or TAP (Page 98).

Bruce

Comment

Working...
          X