Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KD-7 Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-7 Input

I have a KD-7 and an old hi-hat contriller from a Pintec set (Hyperhat). Is there any way that i can use the Input function so i can have a double bass???? Or anything i can do with this old Hyperhat?

I hear they make great paperweights!
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

The KD-7 will allow you to plug another trigger into the input jack on the KD-7 such as another KD-7 or another manufacturer's kick trigger for double bass.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I made a verticle mount for my KD-7 about 2 yrs ago. It's one of the few things I don't have to tweak. Not a lick of problem. I'll post a pic on it. It was made for less than $5.00. Most of it was scraps from home or work.

My guess is this version has less bounce than you get with mesh headed kicks. A slight adjustment of retrig canx was all I needed.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited June 02, 2002).]
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I made a matching pair of floor mounts for two KD-7's to play double bass. I also made one for the Pintech ErgoKik and a mount for using a Pintech ConcertCast as a bass drum. This kinda mimics the VertiKik.

Comment

Pic's posted above on home made upright kick using the KD-7. Obviously not rocket science, but the point is it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' and, my favorite part, it's dirt cheap.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

How about if you cut out a 20" or 22" plywood or cardboard circle to mount to the front and get a drum logo or the name of your band on the front side!!!

Comment

Well Im thinking of learning double bass, Right now I have 1 KD7. It does'nt look like it will accomodate 2 bass beaters. I plan on buying a double kik pedal set "two beaters on one side" so I can use it with my acustic kit as well.
                Is there anything I can do " besides buy an addiitional bass trigger"
                I was looking at the PINTECH Ergokik but read the customer reviews, and they werent good, actually they were terrible.
                I also thought about getting a Pintech CC101 ConcertCast Drum Pad and mounting it on an LP Cowbell Floor stand. Id appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
                Tommy

Comment

I also made a bracket to mount a CC-101-ST pad to use as a kick drum, but I didn't use it very long. I also replaced the head with a double ply head from Hart Dynamics.

I am not sure how a tom pad would stand up to the kick beater. The CK-V actually has a larger, more dense foam cone than the CC-101's to absorb the extra force of the beater.

I didn't like the feel of the ErgoKik. The padded surface is too hard.

Comment

I've made a meshead-bassdrum.
                    For pics; http://drumstokje.bleuh.net/bassachterkant.jpg http://drumstokje.bleuh.net/bassvoorkant.jpg

I'm still working on it but it's already very nice!
                    Groet, Cas
                    DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Where do you get the drum hardware (rim, bolts, cleats)?

Comment

Hey Caspar:
                        Very Nice! Way to go dude!

Tommy

Comment

TC...thanks!

Clymore, I used an old sonor 13" tom. Spraypainted it white, spraypainted the lugs. I don't know what you mean by cleats?? I'm not fully satisfied with the bottompart but when i came up with a solution, i'll post new pics
                          Maybe suggestions???
                          Groet, Cas

Comment

I meant lugs. I noticed they were for one head only, like a Pearl Rhythm Traveler drum.

The drum shell looks like a giant piece of PVC pipe.

Comment

It's a 13" tom sawed in half. It's not PVC it's wood!

Comment

Working...
                              X