Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

KD-7 Input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KD-7 Input

I have a KD-7 and an old hi-hat contriller from a Pintec set (Hyperhat). Is there any way that i can use the Input function so i can have a double bass???? Or anything i can do with this old Hyperhat?

I hear they make great paperweights!
    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

The KD-7 will allow you to plug another trigger into the input jack on the KD-7 such as another KD-7 or another manufacturer's kick trigger for double bass.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I made a verticle mount for my KD-7 about 2 yrs ago. It's one of the few things I don't have to tweak. Not a lick of problem. I'll post a pic on it. It was made for less than $5.00. Most of it was scraps from home or work.

My guess is this version has less bounce than you get with mesh headed kicks. A slight adjustment of retrig canx was all I needed.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited June 02, 2002).]
        Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

I made a matching pair of floor mounts for two KD-7's to play double bass. I also made one for the Pintech ErgoKik and a mount for using a Pintech ConcertCast as a bass drum. This kinda mimics the VertiKik.

Comment

Pic's posted above on home made upright kick using the KD-7. Obviously not rocket science, but the point is it takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin' and, my favorite part, it's dirt cheap.

Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

How about if you cut out a 20" or 22" plywood or cardboard circle to mount to the front and get a drum logo or the name of your band on the front side!!!

Comment

Well Im thinking of learning double bass, Right now I have 1 KD7. It does'nt look like it will accomodate 2 bass beaters. I plan on buying a double kik pedal set "two beaters on one side" so I can use it with my acustic kit as well.
                Is there anything I can do " besides buy an addiitional bass trigger"
                I was looking at the PINTECH Ergokik but read the customer reviews, and they werent good, actually they were terrible.
                I also thought about getting a Pintech CC101 ConcertCast Drum Pad and mounting it on an LP Cowbell Floor stand. Id appreciate any ideas.

Thanks
                Tommy

Comment

I also made a bracket to mount a CC-101-ST pad to use as a kick drum, but I didn't use it very long. I also replaced the head with a double ply head from Hart Dynamics.

I am not sure how a tom pad would stand up to the kick beater. The CK-V actually has a larger, more dense foam cone than the CC-101's to absorb the extra force of the beater.

I didn't like the feel of the ErgoKik. The padded surface is too hard.

Comment

I've made a meshead-bassdrum.
                    For pics; http://drumstokje.bleuh.net/bassachterkant.jpg http://drumstokje.bleuh.net/bassvoorkant.jpg

I'm still working on it but it's already very nice!
                    Groet, Cas
                    DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Where do you get the drum hardware (rim, bolts, cleats)?

Comment

Hey Caspar:
                        Very Nice! Way to go dude!

Tommy

Comment

TC...thanks!

Clymore, I used an old sonor 13" tom. Spraypainted it white, spraypainted the lugs. I don't know what you mean by cleats?? I'm not fully satisfied with the bottompart but when i came up with a solution, i'll post new pics
                          Maybe suggestions???
                          Groet, Cas

Comment

I meant lugs. I noticed they were for one head only, like a Pearl Rhythm Traveler drum.

The drum shell looks like a giant piece of PVC pipe.

Comment

It's a 13" tom sawed in half. It's not PVC it's wood!

Comment

Working...
                              X