Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

False Triggering on TD-10+TDW-1??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Triggering on TD-10+TDW-1??

We ran across an expanded TD-10 that generates false triggers on the crash1 input, but ONLY in Brushes2 mode!

The local Roland shop scratched their head, called Roland and asked about it. They claim Roland's response was "it's normal" for an expanded TD-10 because of how much more sensitive it is in Brushes2 mode with the TDW-1 card! Their suggestion was to tweak the unit (I need to have the shop show me which tweaks specifically) to stop it from doing that!

Has anybody else seen this sort of behavior on their expanded TD-1?

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Some TD's are more sensitive than others I guess. I copy my settings from home (trigger and kit settings) to the kit at Church. I have to do some significant tweaking to eliminate the cymbals triggering. I would just sit there and listen to the ride and cymbals ping at the slightest vibration. I realize position of the pads on the rack and type of platform mean all things are not exactly equal, but this baby goes off for what seems to be no reason at all. On one kit, I couldn't use the tree chimes at all. I couldn't get it to stop it's occasional triggering without severely limiting playability.

This unit is about 3.5 yrs old and gets some heavy play from some heavy hitters at times. That may be a contributing factor to the problem.

I recently went through a major tweaking campaign. Sensitivity, curves, mask, retrig canx and xtalk, but frankly, I think I just tweaked it into submission. I really can't say I applied some kind of logic to the settings to get them to work. It seems to be under control for now. Sorry, not much help.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Working...
    X