Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Pintech pad rack mounting trouble...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pintech pad rack mounting trouble...

Alright, I have two newly-acquired Pintech Silentech pads. They are on my acoustic drum rack, attached with a Gibraltar clamp and L-rod. However, they are rotating about the L-rod, and will do that no matter how hard I tighten it. I think part of it has to do with the fact that there's a big goofy plastic knob to tighten it, and not a heavy-duty metal lug or something similar. Any suggestions to help me keep these two in place? (I'll have some pictures up soon so you can see what I'm talking about.
    substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
    My Drums
    Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

KuzinRob,
    I had Pintech Silentechs that had the plastic knob too. You've got to crank that thing. Are your L-rods long and thickly crosshatched? Pintech makes an extra long one for this purpose so you can get some leverage on that knob. Also, Pintech eventually replaced the knob on newer models with a threaded crow-bar which gives far more torque ability. Perhaps these can be ordered and retrofit. Howard

Comment

Originally posted by KuzinRob:
      Any suggestions to help me keep these two in place? (I'll have some pictures up soon so you can see what I'm talking about.
      Maybe these would help, they are what came standard with my Tour Elite Kit, and they work great...

TEK No-Slip LeverLok knob with ratcheting action. Standard on Tour Elite pads, perfect upgrade for our regular ConcertCast pads.
      $19.95 ea.

Found here on the bottom of the page: http://www.edrums.com/hardware.htm

The actual handles with studs are made by "Kipp". They are available, probably cheaper, through Reid Tool Supply Company at: www.reidtool.com

Good Luck,
      Wes

[This message has been edited by wlkjw (edited June 11, 2002).]

Comment

That Reidtool site is a great find! I have a Yamaha rack with several of the knobs stripped. The threads come right off the knob. Maybe I can find a replacement. I think they are #12 threads which is almost impossible to find! Kind of like drum head screws. Where do you buy those?
        I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I was going to suggest Reid...
          I use them a lot...

Good call!

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by clymore:
            That Reidtool site is a great find! I have a Yamaha rack with several of the knobs stripped. The threads come right off the knob. Maybe I can find a replacement. I think they are #12 threads which is almost impossible to find! Kind of like drum head screws. Where do you buy those?
            What diameter and length? I have a Reid Tool catalog at work, and maybe I could help you out in finding them...

Comment

Thanks for the advice, guys! I appreciate the link to the Reid tool site; I just ordered a pair of the plastic handles as found on the Tour Elite series pads. I had to ask my dad for the thread size, cause I'm clueless when it comes to that, but if anyone is looking into getting these as well, the model number I ordered was KHA-130, and the stud is 3/8-16 threading and .59" long.

Thanks again, guys!

------------------
              www.fuzerocks.com for a better tomorrow - today!
              My Drums
              substrike.com for a better tomorrow - today!
              My Drums
              Tama Rockstar Acoustics, Zildjian and Wuhan Cymbals, Roland SPD-20, Roland PM-16, Akai S2000 w/Iomega 250 SCSI Zip, 2 Pintech Silentech Pads (one single zone, one dual zone), Kat F.A.T. Pedal, Pintech K3, Simmons pads.

Comment

Working...
              X