Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Playing Backing Instrumrnts from pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Backing Instrumrnts from pads?

Is it possible to trigger the backing instruments from a pad? If so, how to I add those sounds to a kit?

Thanks a lot?

I'm using a td-8 module. I'm trying to add to the possibility of sounds that I can trigger from the module and would like to access the backing sounds such as the strings, Syn. EFX, Syn. Pads, and SFX.

Are these available to trigger from a pad?

Comment

I don't have the manual in front of me but I can remember from looking it up so dang many times that "Pad Pattern" options are described on page 139 of my TD-8 user's manual. It's pretty easy.

The trickier thing for me is getting the dang patterns into the machine.

You can use the pads to play/enter the pattern if you want or you can enter them from an external midi device--computer, midi-compatible instrument etc.

In my recent experience I have created a steel drum bass pattern from the pads and copied it to PART 1 on the sequencer (see http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001460.html for the long and painful description of how I did this) and then assigned the pattern in tap mode to my bass drum pad (see p139!).

I have also created patterns on my computer using a fractal music composition software program and then imported those patterns to the TD-8 sequencer via midi. After I imported the pattern to PART 1 I then assigned a new sound to this part (celeste, I think...) and went through the process on pg 139 to assign this pattern in 1-shot mode to a specific pad. Now when I hit that pad it triggers a sequence of notes played on the celeste.

If you only want ONE note or one chord when you hit a pad (like a brass hit or something), you can still do it via the pad pattern option just be sure that there is only one note in the pattern instead of a sequence of different notes. (A measure of 1/4 would do it, or 4 beats of the same note/chord in 4/4 and set the pad pattern to "tap" mode.)

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by klp (edited June 10, 2002).]
      Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

That makes sense....thanks a lot .

Comment

Working...
        X