Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Playing Backing Instrumrnts from pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Backing Instrumrnts from pads?

Is it possible to trigger the backing instruments from a pad? If so, how to I add those sounds to a kit?

Thanks a lot?

I'm using a td-8 module. I'm trying to add to the possibility of sounds that I can trigger from the module and would like to access the backing sounds such as the strings, Syn. EFX, Syn. Pads, and SFX.

Are these available to trigger from a pad?

Comment

I don't have the manual in front of me but I can remember from looking it up so dang many times that "Pad Pattern" options are described on page 139 of my TD-8 user's manual. It's pretty easy.

The trickier thing for me is getting the dang patterns into the machine.

You can use the pads to play/enter the pattern if you want or you can enter them from an external midi device--computer, midi-compatible instrument etc.

In my recent experience I have created a steel drum bass pattern from the pads and copied it to PART 1 on the sequencer (see http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/001460.html for the long and painful description of how I did this) and then assigned the pattern in tap mode to my bass drum pad (see p139!).

I have also created patterns on my computer using a fractal music composition software program and then imported those patterns to the TD-8 sequencer via midi. After I imported the pattern to PART 1 I then assigned a new sound to this part (celeste, I think...) and went through the process on pg 139 to assign this pattern in 1-shot mode to a specific pad. Now when I hit that pad it triggers a sequence of notes played on the celeste.

If you only want ONE note or one chord when you hit a pad (like a brass hit or something), you can still do it via the pad pattern option just be sure that there is only one note in the pattern instead of a sequence of different notes. (A measure of 1/4 would do it, or 4 beats of the same note/chord in 4/4 and set the pad pattern to "tap" mode.)

Good luck!

[This message has been edited by klp (edited June 10, 2002).]
      Check out my music: http://www.myspace.com/kellypaletta

Comment

That makes sense....thanks a lot .

Comment

Working...
        X