Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Had mp3 on USB now they are gone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had mp3 on USB now they are gone?

Hello all,
    I have a TD-11K (I have a PC) and I have been looking for hours on the forum for the answer to this, and I have tried everything that has been suggested. Maybe I have missed something.
    Things have been going great until I tried to add some more songs to my 32 GB SanDisk.
    I did find out I could not have more than 100 songs so I trimmed it down, but now seems like the module wants to see them in a recycle bin. This has not happened before
    My module is up to date.
    I have tried:
    Reset the module back to factory
    Reformatted the USB in the module
    Did a backup on the USB in the module
    added the mp3's back on the disk
    But, I am not sure that the file structure is correct.
    All it has in the root is:
    Roland
    Inside of Roland is:
    TD-11
    Inside TD-11 is:
    BKUP-001.TD0
    That is all that is there.
    Another thing that happens is (don't laugh!!) when I put the USB back in my computer from the module, the files mysteriously disappear!! Now, I checked them before I connected it and they were there! Poof they are gone.
    I am really new to edrums and I really would like to play them to some music
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have spent hours upon hours trying to figure this out. I don't understand how one minute everything is fine and then the next it is not.
    Thanks!!

You can create a new folder inside of the Roland folder. Name it "New Music" or whatever you want. When you load up the Roland TD-11 folder, open up the Roland TD-11 folder and you should see you "New Music" folder. Make sure that your music files are MP3. I have on my flash drive approx. 300 songs...............Roger
    Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

Thank you Roger.
      I tried what you suggested. I did not work.
      Now in the root I have showing in the module:
      USB (Root)
      $RECYCLE.BIN
      Roland
      System Volum
      Inside the RECYCLE.BIN there is nothing
      Inside the Roland file : TD-11 file, Backup file (inside the TD-11 file), with no folder inside
      System Volum: No folder inside
      So, the "New Music" file I created, in the root, did not show up at all. As a matter of fact, when I put the USB back in the computer, the "New Music" folder disappears! I have never seen anything like this before! CRAZY!!

Comment

You need to create a new folder under Roland, then copy and paste your MP3 files to this folder. You can create this folder on either your desktop or laptop computer. Just make sure that you create this file on the computer that has the music on it. Are you in the States? If you are not, I can remote into your computer and show you how to create your files. I have the Roland TD-15 Module and I have several flash drives with music on it....................Roger
        Roland TD-15K & TD-3 Drumsets, Roland Octopad II, Alesis D4 & DM5 Drum Modules, Alesis HR-16 & HR-16B Drum Machine & Sequencer, Rolls Headphone Amp, Yamaha 12-Channel Mixing Board, Shure In-Ear Monitor Buds, AKG Headphones, Ableton Live 9 DAW, Tama Drums, Zildjian & Sabian Cymbals, Shure, AKG, & Beyer-Dynamic Mikes..etc..............

Comment

Roger,
          I did exactly what you said, but it did not work.
          So, I went and got a new USB. PNY this time. I made sure that all of the files had no special characters. Put them in the root directory and poof, they are back. Man, wierd!!!!
          Thanks for all the help! I really do appreciate it. I wish there was some way to explain all this, but I am just glad it's working and I will leave it at that.
          Now I have to load my kits back in and I'll be in business

Comment

Here is how you access your files in your module: TD, USB Root, open, Roland, open, TD-11, open............or.... menu, folder, new music(or whatever you named your file), click ok.
            That will open your folder to hear your files. Don't click "open". It will tell you that there is no folder..............Roger

Comment

Working...
            X