Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Cubase VST and REWIRE triggering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cubase VST and REWIRE triggering

Wanted to create a new post out of this, since I think it contains some important info for those who want to try this:

Working with TD-6, VST 5.1 and triggering Proppelerhead Reasons drum module through REWIRE. Working almost flawlessly. Took me about 6 months of experimentation to finally find the right sound card, the right software and the right configs.
    First of all, with a Delta 1010 you can get your latency down to 5 ms (which is not noticeable) at 44.1 khz and buffer settings of 256k I believe. You can get it even lower than this, but the audio may start choking, especially if your using effects. I find these settings a good happy medium.

Here is the kicker: Most people think latency is the problem, but really it is your audio to latency settings inside of cubase. The TD-6 requires a setting of about 95 ms. THis offsets the midi so that when you record and playback your recording, the 2 sync properly. God it took me forever to realize this!

Now I can monitor my playing through cubase with effects on the samples I have loaded into Reason's drum module (ReDrum). Only thing I havent figured out yet is how to get the hi-hat pedal working properly. I'm looking for a workaround on this. I will let ya'll know when I do.

If you have any questions about running a set-up like this, give me a reply. Thanks!

Roland V-Club with KD-120. Apple G4 500 x 256 megs ram using Cubase VST 5.1 Native Instruments Battery, Absynth, Korg Electribe EA-1 and Propellerhead Reason.
Working...
X