Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

snills! great job on the v-ride fix.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• snills! great job on the v-ride fix.

hey fellas,this is what this site is all about eh.many of us had ideas.....lots of imput from some good people(special mention to feef,as usual)one problem-manysolutions.and one particular member with granite gonads........SNILLS....i've just completed my v-ride and i must admit i gots me a woody------------yeehaw.thanks again and good work everyone.
    -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Hi Grravee,
    Uhhh...aside from the woody......
    Glad I could help!

Bill

Comment

HEHE
      -i can levitate birds and no one cares-----------V-CONCERT,CY12H-CY15R/SPD-20-XP-60 V-STUDIO 1824CD,DAUZ PADS,NO RYTHYM AND MISC.CRAP 9"HART SPLASH/AKAI S5000/ASSLOAD OF SAMPLES

Comment

how about someone posting a link for the fix, so we know what you are talking about?

Comment

http://home.attbi.com/~wblack03/

Bill

Comment

After a couple of months reading these threads; I finally did the V-ride bell fix over the weekend. Despite the horrified looks from my wife, I stuck on some tape, put it back together, and now have a bell that does what I always hoped it would.

Thanks again for the fix, and for posting the pics on that website.

Mike.

Comment

Glad it worked...
              Just out of curiousity, what kind of tape did you use and how much did you put on?

Bill

Comment

I went with the standard two pieces of (black) electrical tape, one on top of the other. I tried not to let the tape overlap the sides of the groove.

It is fine now - maybe not as sensitive as some... but I can just about get a trigger with the tip of the stick, and with the shoulder it is very easy. Didn't want any more sensitivity in case of false triggers (of which I have had none). It has a good dynamic range too.

Suits me...

Mike.

Comment

Snills et al.,

Good to see this thread moving around again. Just fyi...I ended up having to back off my original "tape sandwich" design (posted a few weeks back), as I was getting a lot of odd triggering, choking etc. from it. So, I went back in once again and just opted for 4 2-inch pieces of black electrical tape applied directly to the FSR at the 3 and 9 position. Works like a charm now. Snills, you're a veritable god man! Remind me later to relay the story of how, not paying attention and running my mouth, I went to the kit to retrieve the ride cymbal and inadvertently removed the cy-14 crash right next to it. Yep, kept running my mouth and blindly tore the rubber off of it only to discover there was no tape. Can you say dumbass boys and girls? Sure....I knew you could

[This message has been edited by mudyax (edited June 10, 2002).]

Comment

Working...
                  X