Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Phantom power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phantom power

I was thinking, what happens if I accedently switch on the Phantom power button on the channels from my mixer where my TD-10 is connected to. Will it damage the brain?

And with two DI's between the brain and the mixer, what happens then?

I know myself, sooner or later it will overcome me.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Phantom power is for the mics, it will not hurt you brain. It could damage a mic if you hook one up with the power on, so be careful about that but it can't hurt your brain.

Not sure what your asking on the DI's

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaDrummer:
      ......Not sure what your asking on the DI's
      Thank you for your answer.

With DI's I mean my Direct Input Boxes, which I use to convert my unbalanced TD-10 output signal to a Balanced signal.

I though with those boxes between the td-10 brain and my mixer, maybe it prevents my TD-10 against the Phantom power.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
      My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Originally posted by c. jude:
        It is not a problem.
        Thank you to! We where posting almost at the same time!

------------------

Comment

Phantom power is for the mic inputs only. Anything else that is connected to the mixer does not have phantom power. So connecting the DI boxes to the mixer will not do anything with the phantom power.

Comment

Phantom power is for the mic inputs only.
            Yes , I understand that. Phantom power put 48v to the mic inputs. Since I connect my outputs from my TD-10 to de mic inputs, I thought that it will also get that 48v boost,
            and which (I thought) will harm my TD-10.

------------------

Comment

Originally posted by mrVRock:
              Yes , I understand that. Phantom power put 48v to the mic inputs. Since I connect my outputs from my TD-10 to de mic inputs, I thought that it will also get that 48v boost,
              and which (I thought) will harm my TD-10.

How are you connecting them to the mic inputs. Are you using 1/4" cords or converting them to the mic inputs (XLR). Only the XLR inputs produce the phantom power.

Comment

How are you connecting them to the mic inputs. Are you using 1/4" cords or converting them to the mic inputs (XLR). Only the XLR inputs produce the phantom power.
                I'm using a XLR cord from my mixer (mic input) to my DI's. From there a cord with on the DI side a XLR and on the TD-10 side a 1/4 jack.

------------------

Comment

The 48V supplied for Phantom is a DC current which will not pass through the transformer used in the DI.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thanks Multilin!

Comment

Working...
                    X