Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed hi-hat sound on TD-9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Closed hi-hat sound on TD-9

Hi all, I have a question that might be stupid but I just can't seem to figure it out. I have a regular TD-9, not upgraded or anything and I'm looking to set my hi-hats to a closed or slightly open setting without having my foot on the pedal. I'm doing double bass work and I just want to have my hats closed so I can better hear my hits while I'm practicing. Does anyone know where I can find the setting to make the hi-hats closed without having my foot on the pedal? My only other option would be to put a brick on my FD-7 Thanks!

Lee
    TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

If you have the CY5 and FD8, and set the peddle to be a bass drum, the edge of the CY5 should play like a closed hi hat. The bell of the CY5 will play the bass drum.
    Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Maybe I miss understood. You could also set the CY5 as a second hi hat. There is a kit on the TD9 that is called second hi hat and it plays on the right rack tom. You could see what instrument that is and use that setting on the CY5.
      Equipment: TD-30KV, DW9000 hardware, ROC-N-SOC Throne, Behringer ULTRATONE K3000FX Amp, JBL EON 615 Powered Speaker, Yamaha MG06X. 1965 Ludwig Super Classic. Black diamond pearl. Zildjian K Custom Dark cymbals, DW 7000 hardware, DW 9000 kick pedal.

Comment

Read page 25 and 26 of the manual, and set the hihat to one of 4 degrees of fixedness...
        TD9+6v with Diamond Electronic pads, and cowbell.
        ATH-50m headphones, VEX packs
        not to mention keyboards, guitars, basses, and cats

Comment

Awesome. Thanks for the help guys. And yes, I do use a CY-5.
          TD-9 with Master 50 VEX pack. Three PD-85 dual triggered toms plus one 10" Hart Acupad. 10" Jobeky Drums snare. 8" Hart Acupad kick. CY-5 as hats, CY-8 and CY-14 as crashes, and CY-12R/C as ride.

Comment

Working...
          X