Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using a mixer - TD-30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a mixer - TD-30

The TD-30 has it's own mixer however if I get a regular mixer do I just feed the output of the TD-30 into it? I want to add a guitar, keyboard and microphone to my setup... Is getting a stand-alone mixer the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Chuck
    I be rockin' with the TD-30K.

Originally posted by Rail Dawg View Post
    The TD-30 has it's own mixer however if I get a regular mixer do I just feed the output of the TD-30 into it? I want to add a guitar, keyboard and microphone to my setup... Is getting a stand-alone mixer the best way to do this?

Thanks!

Chuck
    Depends somewhat on what you're trying to accomplish in your particular situation. If you've got a number of musicians all coming through a PA system controlled by a mixing board, then yes, it would probably make sense to pipe your TD module output into that board. Depending how many inputs that mixing board has, you might want to not just send a stereo L/R mix out (which would have all your kit - drums and cymbals - combined) but instead feed individually from the various "outs" on the back of your module into individual "ins" in the PA mixing board, so you (or your sound guy) can adjust as needed the individual pieces of your kit e.g, may need to adjust bass kick, cymbals, snare,...

You can assign individual parts of your kit to various outputs from your module using the mixing/setup functions within your module if you want to go this route.

EDIT: If on the other hand, you're talking about wanting to play different instruments in your home studio for a combined recording of you playing drums, guitar, keyboard, voice, then you probably don't need another mixer since your recording software (DAW) has a virtual mixer included.

I would suggest cabling your individual drum components onto individual tracks within your recording software. Then using mono or stereo tracks for the other instruments depending on the nature of the signal being recorded. Finally, within the DAW program you would mix things down to your satisfaction ... which is half the challenge (and much of the fun).
    Last edited by OneWatt; 08-26-14, 02:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X