Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Device ID for Alesis DM5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device ID for Alesis DM5?

Hi, does anyone know the Device ID for the DM5? I'm trying to use SoundDiver to edit this thing and I can choose between Device ID's 1-16.. but none are communicating with it.. My wiring is fine, as my TD-10 is in the same daisy chain, and THAT works fine with SoundDiver..

Computer Midi Out -> TD-10 -> DM5 -> Computer Midi In

Thanks in advance,
    -Eric
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

I would try removing the TD-10 from the loop and just go with the computer to DM5. Some equipment doesn't like to play nice with others when there are sysex commands involved.
    $pace @ce

Comment

Hey Space Ace, thanks for the tip.. I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to resort to it.

So I just tried that, and it appears to be seeing it at least (maybe the td-10 is filtering something), but I don't know what the device id is and/or how to change it. There's no mention of it in the MIDI screens or the manual.
      The DM5's value is 13H if that helps any. I found that in a Word doc on Alesis' site, but I didn't see a 13H when I used MIDI-OX with it.. Any ideas? Anyone?
      Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

It looks like the default ID is 13 according to this site: http://true.chez.tiscali.fr/sysex/alesis.htm

Of course we all know that everything we read on the web must be true!

Maybe a hard reset/initialize is needed to get the dm5 back to the default settings.

Scott
        $pace @ce

Comment

Thanks, yeah I came across that site too and saw the 13.. I *think* though that the DM5 SoundDiver module is incomplete. The one bundled with v3 doesn't have a dll file, and all the other modules have one. The individual download for the DM5 doesn't have a dll either.
          I guess I'll email emagic and see what's up.
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X