Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Device ID for Alesis DM5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Device ID for Alesis DM5?

Hi, does anyone know the Device ID for the DM5? I'm trying to use SoundDiver to edit this thing and I can choose between Device ID's 1-16.. but none are communicating with it.. My wiring is fine, as my TD-10 is in the same daisy chain, and THAT works fine with SoundDiver..

Computer Midi Out -> TD-10 -> DM5 -> Computer Midi In

Thanks in advance,
    -Eric
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

I would try removing the TD-10 from the loop and just go with the computer to DM5. Some equipment doesn't like to play nice with others when there are sysex commands involved.
    $pace @ce

Comment

Hey Space Ace, thanks for the tip.. I was thinking of doing that but didn't want to resort to it.

So I just tried that, and it appears to be seeing it at least (maybe the td-10 is filtering something), but I don't know what the device id is and/or how to change it. There's no mention of it in the MIDI screens or the manual.
      The DM5's value is 13H if that helps any. I found that in a Word doc on Alesis' site, but I didn't see a 13H when I used MIDI-OX with it.. Any ideas? Anyone?
      Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

It looks like the default ID is 13 according to this site: http://true.chez.tiscali.fr/sysex/alesis.htm

Of course we all know that everything we read on the web must be true!

Maybe a hard reset/initialize is needed to get the dm5 back to the default settings.

Scott
        $pace @ce

Comment

Thanks, yeah I came across that site too and saw the 13.. I *think* though that the DM5 SoundDiver module is incomplete. The one bundled with v3 doesn't have a dll file, and all the other modules have one. The individual download for the DM5 doesn't have a dll either.
          I guess I'll email emagic and see what's up.
          Thanks again

Comment

Working...
          X