Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Sequencer Loop Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sequencer Loop Problem

I have recorded a drum pattern in the sequencer. It's 2 measures, 4/4 time, and I want to loop the playback. When it reaches the end of the second measure there is a pause before it starts at the beginning again. I don't think it should work this way but this is the first time I have used the sequencer. Anyone know why this is happening?

I have noticed on the pre-programed patterns in the TD-10 that they also pause before the replay. So, maybe it's suppose to work this way. To me, a loop should loop without a break.

Help?

------------------
    V-Session & JBL EON15G2
    Start Young, Play Hard, Rock On!!!

You may not have recorded the loop in "perfect time". If the loop is not quantized or in perfect time, there may be a pause or a rushed transition from the end of bar 2 into bar 1 again. Then again, maybe not. This would be my first guess. Anyone else....?
    V-Custom w Roland TD-8 and and Alesis DM5, DIY edrums

Comment

Originally posted by zendrums:
      You may not have recorded the loop in "perfect time". If the loop is not quantized or in perfect time, there may be a pause or a rushed transition from the end of bar 2 into bar 1 again. Then again, maybe not. This would be my first guess. Anyone else....?
      Zen, thanks for the tip. I will try this and let you know if it works. I saw the setting you are talking about when I was reading through the manual but wasn't quite sure what it would do for me. The manual doesn't seem to be real clear to me on some of it's descriptions. It could just be my lack of brain cells though.

Comment

I remember there is some trickiness involved with exactly how ones starts and ends the recording.

Hitting the start and stop buttons takes time which may be what is added. I believe the TD-10 has an edit screen where you can trim off beats?
        Immensely powerful yet with a liquid cat-quick elegance

Comment

Originally posted by zendrums:
          ZEN WINS!!!

I re-recorded the diddy with the "Quantize" option on and it worked perfect. Don't know why you wouldn't want that setting turned on, but hey, just glad it works!

Thanks again for the solution!

Comment

Working...
          X