Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triggering Acoustics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triggering Acoustics

Well I'm not giving up on the electronics for live, but I'm thinking about ditching the pads. Without have to induce tremendous amounts of stage volume from monitors. I want to have a natural local drum sound to compensate for the band. Therefore, I'm gonna trigger my TD-12 from my PDP kit. I've got all Roland triggers so what am I up against in getting the triggers to work correctly. I'm also gonna over head my traditional crash cymbals but still keep my electronic ride. What advice can you guys give me...
    Last edited by Carminemw; 08-20-14, 12:39 PM.
    Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

From all the positive reviews, it appears that the "inHead" sensitivity and dynamic range is incredible, and is far superior to using standard piezo rim triggers. So I suggest you save your money, and wait to see how the inHead, works out in the real world.
    Meanwhile, for your Roland triggers, try not to have your toms too ringy, as this will make accurate triggering more difficult. Sometimes a small piece of foam, held with duct tape, works wonders. I am not familiar with PDF kits, but if the tuning lugs are of the cheap type, they will loosen more quickly from heavy playing, and of course, affect head tension, which will affect triggering. So if that is the case, I recommend using counter nuts, that will tighten against the tuning lug, after you are happy with the tuning.

Comment

So you're saying that I'll have to deaden them up a bit...top head or reso head...or both?
      Don't even tell me us old farts still don't have something to say and learn! Just give me some ghost notes and I'll Purdie your brains out!:cool:

Playin' for over 50 years (21 years 5 & 6 nights a week) and still lovin' every minute of it!!! TD-12 noob and growing!:p

Comment

Try just the top head first. Sorry, I can't be more helpful, because it is going be a lot of trial and error. You want to strive to get as wide a dynamic range as possible, without false triggering. It can be a super PITA, which is why the inHeads look so appealing.

Comment

Working...
        X