Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

V-Hihat-Cymbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V-Hihat-Cymbal

Can i use the new hihat (v-cymbal) with my td-8?

Thanks.

Originally posted by roya:
    Can i use the new hihat (v-cymbal) with my td-8?

Thanks.
    Yes, but it's not necessary to ask permission.
    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:

Good one Boingo. I laughed so hard I almost pissed myself.

Kurt

Pearl drums converted with hart adc, roland kd7's, pd 120 for snare, various roland rubber pads, hart e cymbals and pads, td8, td6, 2 mackie srm450s and mackie sub. mackie sr 24-4 mixer........and always growing.

Comment

Originally posted by Boingo:
        I'm surprised you missed it. The real smart-alec answer, Boingo, would have been, "I don't know... can you? Try asking MAY I..."

You would have known that if you were a real smart-alec... I have my doubts about you.

------------------
        \oo/_ _\oo/

[This message has been edited by rus (edited January 25, 2001).]
        \oo/_ :mad: _\oo/

Comment

Funny
          now what about an answer?

Comment

Funny
            now what about an answer?
            Yes
            Roland Corp:
            Compatible with all Roland TD-Series/SPD-Series sound modules

Comment

I have seen the cymbals anywhere yet. Are they on the market now or just at the NAMM show? Anyone know prices?

Comment

Only at NAMM 2001. We waited six months after NAMM for the expansion board last year.
                Robert

Comment

You can buy them here..

<A HREF="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/search/home/010125105821213057070185436343?q=t&csel=0&FIND=v-cymbals">Click Here
                  </a>

Comment

You can buy them here..

...With a 2-4 week delivery promise. Have you ever had to wait on Roland's delivery promise? It's a crap shoot. They say 2 weeks, 6 weeks later they say 3 more weeks and then they show up 4 days later. Some dealers get them every week and others have to wait months. I'm not saying don't order them, but I am saying don't hold your breath waiting.

Personally, I'd wait for them to start shipping and allow a little competition to bring prices down. I'd also want to demo them before spending that kind of money.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited January 25, 2001).]
                    Kit Pic 1 Kit Pic 2 Kit Pic 3... And FOR SALE I have: 3 PD-9's, MDS-10 purple rack w/cables/pad and cym mounts. See classified posts for details or PM me.

Comment

MAN! Those are some expensive Frisbees!
                      Guess I shouldn't be so shocked, after all they are "Roland" products. (Don't get me wrong, I love most Roland stuff just not their prices-sound familiar?)
                      I don't suppose another company, say maybe "Pintech", could make some cheaper knock-offs really soon, eh?

[This message has been edited by Redline (edited January 25, 2001).]

Comment

2-4 weeks is the standarsd MF listing for out of stock items. It has little to nothing to do with actual wait times. Could be less,but it could be much more.

Comment

If I was to put my money down and wanted them first (just had to be first on the block) it would be at Guitar Center. They seemed to be first with the expansion card long before any of net dealers had them.

Comment

I'm with ya redline. They posted $269 for one cymbal when you can buy entire set of Pintech trigger cymbals for half that price. Could probably even get Hart Dynamic ecymbals and still be cheaper. But then again that's Roland for ya.
                            FJMAR99 --The original pimp!

Comment

Ok, here's where I show my stupidity (no comments please!), but what are Pintechs? I don't think I've ever seen them. When I went electronic, I went all Roland. Ooops! ha ha. I guess I should have done a little more shopping, huh? I'm especially interested in hearing about the ecymbals and what people who have them think of them. Will they work with the TD10?

Originally posted by fjmar99:
                              I'm with ya redline. They posted $269 for one cymbal when you can buy entire set of Pintech trigger cymbals for half that price. Could probably even get Hart Dynamic ecymbals and still be cheaper. But then again that's Roland for ya.

Comment

Working...
                              X