Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SPD-S trouble with top pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPD-S trouble with top pads

I am wondering if anyone here knows something about the Roland SPD-S. I have one as part of my vdrum kit that I use for additional percussion sounds and I am having some trouble with it. There are 9 pads on it and 6 of them work fine, but the 3 at the top edge are so quiet I can hardly hear them. The level control that seems to work fine to change the volume of the other six does nothing to adjust the level on those pads (up or down) even when its all the way up to 127 they are barely audable. I have tried diferent samples on them, even the ones I am using on the other pads that work fine and its still very quiet. Anyone have any ideas?
    TDW-20, SPD-S, HPD-20, PD-80(3), PD-120(2), LaurinDrums 12"snare, PD-105(2), KD-8, FD-7, CY-12RC, CY-6(2), CY-8, CY-12H, PD-7, Zildjian Gen 16 (Hi Hat and Ride), MalletKat Express, Motif6, Roland PM3

Those three edge pads have a separate sensitivity setting (and velocity curve) from the other six pads; at SETUP, PAD:

In the patch mode, pads can be selected individually. But here, there are only two options: “Pads 1 to 3” (edge pads) and “Pads 4 to 9” (main pads). Each group of pads shares the following parameters.

Hit a pad or press PAGE buttons while holding down [SHIFT] to change the pad. The flashing indicators tells you which ones are selected.
    Set the following parameters. Press the PAGE buttons to change the parameter and press [-]/[+] to change the value.

Parameter/Value/Description
    Sensitivity/1–-16/Define the sensitivity of the pads to control the balance between the strike intensity and the sound volume. As the value increases, the sensitivity is higher, which means that a louder sound is produced with a weak strike. Specify the value while watching the velocity indication (see the box below) to ensure that the velocity is at 127 when you strike the hardest.

(Page 77)

So try adjusting that, possibly to the max of 16, and then compare volumes with the other six main pads (probably set quite a bit lower).

Bruce

Comment

HI,
      I will post this video here even if it's not your situation,for help if someone have this issue below
      Spd-s Cleaning
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm_C...UIH7SrR_osx2PA

Comment

Thanks Bruce, that was it. Those top pads are working well for me now. Thanks!!
        TDW-20, SPD-S, HPD-20, PD-80(3), PD-120(2), LaurinDrums 12"snare, PD-105(2), KD-8, FD-7, CY-12RC, CY-6(2), CY-8, CY-12H, PD-7, Zildjian Gen 16 (Hi Hat and Ride), MalletKat Express, Motif6, Roland PM3

Comment

Working...
        X