Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD12 + Superior Drummer vs. TD30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD12 + Superior Drummer vs. TD30

Hi there,

looking for a TD30, I have now an offer for a TD12 with Superior Drummer 2.
    Having listened to a variety of SD Examples it seems to sound very good.
    IŽd like to know if there are some guys having experience with this combination - and even better in comparison to a TD30.
    Having played acoustic drums for over 15 years I do attach high importance on positional sensing (e.g. a snare behaving like a real snare) etc.
    The TD30 does a good job on that - is the TD12 with SD a real competitor?

Regards
    rame

A VST will be miles away in sound reproduction compared to any module.

A module will always be more portable, so for gigs, they are easier to deal with.

Consider the 2Box for the best of both worlds.
    The portability of a module, and the sounds from a VST.

The downside: no PS. Although PS does help a little in recreating a snare, it is NOT like the real thing.
    My advice is to try one if you can, and judge for yourself if PS is worth it.
    DTX700, eDRUMin 4+10, A2E Dixon kit, Yamaha cymbals, FSR HH
    Kit Pix http://vdrums.com/forum/album.php?albumid=613

My new venture, HiEnd Speakers. : voglosounds.com

Comment

Idk I've tried a drum it five and I've tried the td-30k... even with the lesser pad and ride cymbals I was sold... why not do both? I have slate drums platinum 4.0So if I can't program a good enough sound into the td-30 which will be easy to do for anyone who's worked with recording real drums - I can simply load tom/kick/snare samples up nothing can touch the td-30 in terms of cymbals... the closest to real yyou're going to get.

Comment

In a Germany drummer forum, there once was a comparison with sound examples - and a flame war started! So I guess it's up to your ears only!
        TD-11 with 1xPDX 100 and 2x 12" drum-tec Diabolo pads, VH-11, CY 15R, CY-8 + various VSTi's.

Comment

Working...
        X