Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Hart ecymbal HH vs. TD-8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hart ecymbal HH vs. TD-8

THEY'RE HERE!!!!! I HAVE DRUMS!!!!! I cried.

That said, I have a question. I am having some problems with the hi-hat. If I have someone hold the trigger (top cymbal only)in their hand, I can do a full drum roll without missing a single beat using the specified settings from Hart. However, if it is attached to the stand and closed with the other hat (no matter how tight I can get it), the trigger misses beats. I have found if I stick a mousepad (thanks VDRUMS.COM) between the two and tighten down, it works fine. What am I missing here?

Is there a non McGuyver fix here? Thanks for all of your input. This forum sated me mentally until these babies arrived. I am happy now.
    Using Hart MegaPro with Roland TD8, amped by Roland KC-500

Originally posted by kreja:
    THEY'RE HERE!!!!! I HAVE DRUMS!!!!! I cried.

That said, I have a question. I am having some problems with the hi-hat. If I have someone hold the trigger (top cymbal only)in their hand, I can do a full drum roll without missing a single beat using the specified settings from Hart. However, if it is attached to the stand and closed with the other hat (no matter how tight I can get it), the trigger misses beats. I have found if I stick a mousepad (thanks VDRUMS.COM) between the two and tighten down, it works fine. What am I missing here?

Is there a non McGuyver fix here? Thanks for all of your input. This forum sated me mentally until these babies arrived. I am happy now.
    Have you talked with Hart? I had to do some tweaks on the TD-8's settings to get it to be acceptable. I also had to really squeeze the two halves together to keep them from vibrating (which is what the mousepad does for you partly). Hart may also have some suggestions for you.

Ed
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Drumbalaya! Specializing in electronic drum equipment.
    Ed Morin [ mailto:[email protected] ]
    Phone: 866-881-9313 / 425-881-9313 FAX: 425-881-6000 http://www.drumbalaya.com

Comment

Yeah... I got this answer... "Weird."

I am sure it is not the fault of the module... or the trigger. And it took me almost 2 months to get the damn things I am not sending anything back right now!

The issue is the hats are vibrating and causing mistriggers/cancellations. I am a pretty big boy and I was able to REALLY clamp those suckers together -- without avail. The mousepad works... I am just wondering if I am not missing a simple solution that I just don't see...

Thanks for the info though.
      Using Hart MegaPro with Roland TD8, amped by Roland KC-500

Comment

Working...
      X