Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

kd-80 and Pearl eliminator double pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kd-80 and Pearl eliminator double pedal?

Has anyone used the KD-80 with the Pearl Eliminator double pedal?

(I'm considering bying one for my TK-6K and my Eliminator)

Thanks in advance!

/"Kire"

OK thanks, so there is no need to look at the KD-120 then. I was afraid that the KD-80 would be too small for the Eliminator double pedal (the distance between the beaters being to large).

Are you happy with the feel of the KD-80 compared to the real drum?

(I'm not at all that happy with the KD-7, I've got used to it but it's different than "the real thing". I put on some weight on the beater and it got better but still not good, now I want double pedal so...)

/"Kire"

Comment

A bracket can be easily constructed from wood or aluminum to attach the KD-7 to allow you to use it in a standard position. I made mine from a 2x6x14 base, a 2x4 upright and a 1x4 inclined mounting surface. I have 2 Pearl P100's and KD-7's on matching brackets. I have seen pictures on other posts if you want to do a search.
      I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Harlock:
        It's a bit 'bouncy', I suggest trying it.
        I also have the Eliminator double pedal with the KD-80. It is bouncy, but over the last months I have adjusted my technique to make use of it. It is not neccesarily negative.

Rob --always the optimist!

Comment

was that using one of the black heads? triple or double ply? I played a hart kit and was amazed how much better those heads play. A lot less bouncy.

Comment

Working...
          X