Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our vBulletin Talk section for answers to vBulletin related FAQs.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences in note numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• animal
    replied
    Midi note numbers are the standard assignments of a note to a drum instrument. Example: a bass drum is 35, snare is 38, closed hi-hat is 42, etc...

see more at http://midistudio.com/Help/GMSpecs_PercMap.htm

The instument numbers are which sound is played when you hit a pad. there are 129 different kicks, 195 snares, 38 hi-hats, etc... the sounds make up your drum programs or kits

backing instruments are 1=piano,5=e_piano,38=slap bass,etc...

This is all in your manual.

As far as the cymbals go, I don't know what you are trying to do. you cannot load external patches (samples) on the td-6. To improve your sound, I suggest a bbe sonic maximizer. You might also want to play with changing the cymbal sounds and playing with pitch and ambience settings. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• fishhead
    started a topic Differences in note numbers

Differences in note numbers

I just got a new vclub set and am quite happy with it, but can't figure everything out. I would love for someone to easily explain to me the difference between note numbers, drum instrument numbers and backing instrument numbers.

I am also trying to use an external midi machine to improve the sound of the cymbals. It's working for the most part, but I can't figure out if I can load the cymbal program (patch?) from the second midi onto my TD6. Any help with these items would be much appreciated.
Working...
X