Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Differences in note numbers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differences in note numbers

I just got a new vclub set and am quite happy with it, but can't figure everything out. I would love for someone to easily explain to me the difference between note numbers, drum instrument numbers and backing instrument numbers.

I am also trying to use an external midi machine to improve the sound of the cymbals. It's working for the most part, but I can't figure out if I can load the cymbal program (patch?) from the second midi onto my TD6. Any help with these items would be much appreciated.

Midi note numbers are the standard assignments of a note to a drum instrument. Example: a bass drum is 35, snare is 38, closed hi-hat is 42, etc...

see more at http://midistudio.com/Help/GMSpecs_PercMap.htm

The instument numbers are which sound is played when you hit a pad. there are 129 different kicks, 195 snares, 38 hi-hats, etc... the sounds make up your drum programs or kits

backing instruments are 1=piano,5=e_piano,38=slap bass,etc...

This is all in your manual.

As far as the cymbals go, I don't know what you are trying to do. you cannot load external patches (samples) on the td-6. To improve your sound, I suggest a bbe sonic maximizer. You might also want to play with changing the cymbal sounds and playing with pitch and ambience settings. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X