Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TD-9 Prevent Unauthorized Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD-9 Prevent Unauthorized Use

I've been playing an HD-1 at church and finally broke down and bought a used TD-9KX2. But, the area where the drums will be is often used by youth groups. They love turning on the HD-1 and banging on it. But, there are more settings in the TD-9 that I don't want anyone messing with. I wish that the module could be password protected. Does anyone have any thoughts on this other than just removing the power supply each time?
    Rick Abshier
    Roland: TD-9KX2, PD-85BK (4), PD-105BK, CY-12C (2), CY13R, VH-11, CY-8 Splash, KD-8
    DW: 5002TD3 Double Bass Pedals, 3500T Hi-Hat Stand

I wouldn't leave the module out when not being used. The churches I know that use VDrums, lock the module up after service for this very reason. Please post in the correct forum in the future.
    Alan
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Alternatively, I guess you could back up the module, reset it, and just make a habit of loading your backup before each performance. If you remove the power supply, you might want to buy a spare to put somewhere in case of loss.
      Alan
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      website | youtube | facebook | group | newsletter | message | recommendations

Comment

Thanks. Sorry for the wrong location. I thought put it in the "General discussion related to electronic drumming." forum.
        Rick Abshier
        Roland: TD-9KX2, PD-85BK (4), PD-105BK, CY-12C (2), CY13R, VH-11, CY-8 Splash, KD-8
        DW: 5002TD3 Double Bass Pedals, 3500T Hi-Hat Stand

Comment

Attach the module with Velcro and it will be easy to remove after use.

Comment

Were that my module, I'd be concerned about the amount of wear and tear on the TD-9's wiring harness. That's a proprietary connector and it's not designed to plug in-out, in-out, in-out, in-out... infinitely. Eventually, the metal contacts will start to fail, especially if used the way you're proposing. If preventing unauthorized use is the problem and the module is going to stay at church, I'd have a lock box made that fits around the module. Or, you could have a hinged set of dividers that locks around the entire kit. In either case, I'd have this paid for by the church or if the church didn't want to do this, ask the church to provide their own drums.

Comment

Working...
            X