Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

Easy TD-7 question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy TD-7 question

Hi all,

I've been a V-Pro/td-10 owner for 3 1/2 years or so, and on Monday purchased a ton of used electronic drum stuff at a great price. Among the gear was a Td-7 and Dm5.

I'm not sure how to set the device id on the Td-7 though. When I press System, then go to Midi, then Enter, I have the midi channel # (10) but no way to set the id. If I press jump from the system menu, I have MIDI listed on the bottom right of the display, but there's no cursor to jump down to there with. I would assume this is where the device id # is, but I'm not sure. I can't seem to find any other place for it to be and my cousin didn't have the manual available when I picked up the stuff from his house. He's gonna look for it, but Roland's site is no help, and searching the vdrums.com forums and google groups didn't help either.. Can you help me?
    thanks!
    -Eric
    Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Hi Eric,

I'm on my office, so I can't look in the manual right now. I will tell you tonight.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
    My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Hi Shep2112 ,

" When I press System, then go to Midi, then Enter, I have the midi channel # (10) but no way to set the id"

Right so far but then turn data dial . Go past trig tx ch ,inst tr ch , pfm 's , ctrl tr ch and then you arrive at

device ID. Move cursor using < > buttons then set id nos using data dial again.

Hope this helps.

Bob
      Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Comment

Thanks Bob for doing the search.
        Are you still using the TD-7?
        I'm using mine as an extra trigger interface and as a spare just in case my TD-10 breaks down.

Groeten, Peter

------------------
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures and listen to our songs)
        My bands: Meneer Van Zanten and The Shed (sorry, both in Dutch but you can see the pictures, videoclips and listen to our songs)

Comment

Thanks rabryars for that.. I don't know what the heck was going on with it.. I turned the dial the other day (and powered off and on a few times too!) and it had *no* effect on the display.. now it's changing.. very weird..

Regarding the 'Jump' screen, should I be able to change things there or no?
          -Eric
          Expanded TD-10, TD-7, PTX-8, DrumKAT 3.8, 8xPD7, 5xPD9, 4xKD7, FD7, 3xPD100, 4xPD120, 4xHart Acupad TE3, 2xECymbalX, Pintech Kick, 10xLP Spike, 2xSapphire, 3xPTT8, 1xPSD8, PBD8 Kick, 2xSynare 3, 2xAcrylic Cymbals, Gibraltar/Roland racks

Comment

Working...
          X