Announcement

Collapse

Technical Posting Guidelines

TECHNICAL DISCUSSION ONLY! DO NOT POST LOUNGE OR PRODUCT DISCUSSION!

Having issues? Please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

See more
See less

TD 6 Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD 6 Question

Does the TD6 respond to positional sensing? If not, do the actual timbre of the sounds change depending on how hard you hit the pads (rather than just increase in volume)?
    TD6 maybe impending!

doesn't anyone know the answer or is this a really silly question???

C'mon guys, I'm ready to buy the kit if I get the right answer!

Oh, BTW, any TD6 users, feel free to reply!
    TD6 maybe impending!

Comment

Take alook at the comparison of the TD-6 here: http://www.musiciansbuy.com/edrums_comparison_chart.htm

According to that it does not have positional sensing. As for increased volume depending on how hard you hit, all Roland modules have that feature. Timbruraly???????

Comment

According to that chart, the TD-8 does not support choking cymbals!!!

So much for accuracy!!!

I'm a drummer. I don't play the timpani! Hire a percussionist!!!

Comment

I'm almost certain that the TD6 does not have positional sensing. However, I have noticed that some instruments do change in timbre. I've noticed this primarily on the snare and ride in some kits.
          -Pete

Comment

TD8 does support chocking. I've seen it in the store. Maybe only the TD8K and TD8KV though.

Comment

Thanks guys.

I e-mailed one of the distributers in the UK who said that the TD6 has "velocity sensitive sound modelling". Never heard of this before! Any comments?
              TD6 maybe impending!

Comment

Me again!

Here's one for all you TD6 owners who have bought a PD80 as a snare:

When you use the PD80(R), do you get positional sensing then??
                TD6 maybe impending!

Comment

Bought the TD 6K!
                  For anyone looking at this considering the kit:
                  First impressions - excellent. Sound quality much better than the crappy mp3 demos floating around. Drum pads surprisingly easy to play. Loads of kits (but several gimmicky ones of course - yeah, thanks for that Roland!). Really well made stand.
                  Can't wait to buy a PD 80R for snare/rim shots!
                  Oh yes, and its an absolute doddle to set up - no reading of manuals required!!
                  TD6 maybe impending!

Comment

Wow, I have never seen a thread where a guy talked to himself so much!!!

As far as velocity sensitive sound modelling. I believe that is a fairly simple matter. Rather than just having a sound change volume when you hit it harder the sound changes as you hit the pad harder (as do acoustics). There was a great discussion on that a year or so ago, I'll see if I can find it for you.... Give me a few minutes.
                    Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Here tis: http://www.vdrums.com/discussion/For...ML/000063.html
                      Steve

'I only ever quote myself - except when I quote someone else' - me

, plenty of , and , , triggered acoustics, , and a plethora of PA blah blah freakin blah...I mean does anyone care about the specifics of pedals, speakers, processors, hardware or anything that I'm using?? :confused: Hmmm, maybe this is an appropriate place to mention that I tried out a new cymbal stand the other day...

Comment

Steveo - Thanks for the thread - I've read that one.
                        Oh, BTW, they say talking to yourself is the first sign of madness - or maybe when no one else can answer your TD6 questions!
                        TD6 maybe impending!

Comment

Hi Doc, I'm a owner of a TD-6 kit and what's happening is simply a question of dynamic range of hit on the pad. Every time I hit harder, the sound is great and with volume, as an acoustic drum, no changes of sound or type of modulating occurs. Softly hits give me lower volume, but with the same sound there. The velocity curve and dynamics do the job, thanks to the sound modeling features and the sensitive of the trigger. No have any position sensing there, just nuances of sound and volume. Of course, the sample is composed by three or four different styles of playing the snare and positions at it.

------------------
                          TD-6 VClub Set
                          :D :cool:

Comment

Docmuso, hi!
                            Did you find out then? Is the TD-6 position-sensitive when used with the PD-80R's etc? See I'm likely to buy a TD-6K, but I can imagine wanting to upgrade to a mesh-head snare at some point in the future, and I'd like the full functionality of it if I did.
                            Also, is 'V-Club' just the old/American name for the TD-6K, or is it something slightly different? And do you know if the TD-6K's rack is available in black as I've seen it in these 'V-Club' photos?
                            How lightly can the TD-6K's pads be played and still pick up the hit? (I wasn't too impressed with a DTXPRESS that I tried; maybe it wasn't set-up right.)
                            Any help would be greatly appreciated.
                            Email: [email protected] Cheers!

Comment

Hi Philski; I own a TD-6K (yes, it's the same as the V-Club)and am very happy about it. Financialwise my choice was narrowed down to the DTXpress and the TD-6K. I thought the TD-6K has a much greater response and sensetivity than the yamaha. And the cymbals are so much greater than the cymbalpads that come with the yamaha. But.....this is all personal of course!
                              Groet,
                              Cas

[This message has been edited by Caspar (edited May 14, 2002).]
                              DIY!!! www.mosphat.com/drumcas

Comment

Working...
                              X