Welcome! If this is your first visit, you will need to register to participate.

DO NOT use symbols in usernames. Doing so will result in an inability to sign in & post!

If you cannot sign in or post, please visit our Forum Talk section for answers to frequently asked questions.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mini Kit, Parte Deux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mini Kit, Parte Deux

Some of you might remember the 4 tom mini kit that I put together from some left over elements of my large DIY symmetrical kit. It was "sort of" symmetrical, kind of a cross between sym and traditional. Well a little while back I decided to make some adjustments to make it more symmetrical. I've been playing it for a bit and much prefer this layout:

The HH (CY-5) is above the left side toms and now mirrors the position of the ride. The large kit has a centered HH and a ride on either side but I am growing to like this as much. The tunings are. from left to right: medium-low, highest, medium-high, lowest.

Doesn't take up much space at all.
    Attached Files

Nice indeed.
    8 piece DIY Acrylic, 2x2Box DrumIt5, Gen16 4xDCP, DIY Acrylic&Gen16 Conversions, Sleishman Twin-QuadSteele hybrid, Gibraltar&DrumFrame rack, DW9502LB, Midi Knights Pro Lighting
    http://www.airbrushartists.org/DreamscapeAirbrushRealm

Comment

Magnifique, Jim!

Greetings from Switzerland,
      - Dänoh

"My best friends' name is J-SON. They used to call him 'Mr. Parse.' He has an 'Error'..!"

http://www.vdrums.com/forum/core/cus...ar33631_4.jpeg

Comment

Looks good!

Comment

Nice! I love symmetrical drumkits, open-handed drumming ftw!

Comment

Never tried a symmetrical kit...hmmmmm...I might muck around with my set someday just to try it out.

Comment

Working...
            X